Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone have the 2019-2020 trailer camera yet?

jason_sos

Reaction score
I just finished installing my own version of the trailer camera. From the rear of my trailer, I ran Siamese cable, which is a RG6 cable and 18AWG power wires molded together. Siamese cable is commonly used in CCTV applications. The camera I used is a custom build. I took an inexpensive rear view camera and gutted it to get the housing. Then I installed a camera module that is 1080p with a Sony backlit sensor. The trailer connector was taken from a Ford trailer harness that I bought. The trailer side connector is the exact mate to the bumper connector on the truck. I think the picture will show that this camera setup is far superior to the junk that RAM supplies for over 500 bucks. Of course, this is a picture of a picture, so it is far better in real life.
View attachment 5522
I know this post is 3 years old, but I hope you're still around. Do you know where you found the pinout for the 12-pin connector on the truck? I would love to do something similar with a better camera and the Ford cable, but I can't find anywhere that shows what pins on the truck are the video.

QuadJoe4x4

Reaction score
I don't remember now. I picked it up 2 years ago when I did something similar. Tapped into the cable and rand everything to a round 6 trailer connector. Works like a charm.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
This could help.

Pinouts, connector info to adapter the Ford 12-pin harness.

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
I gave up on the dang trailer camera. I was stoked back in ‘19 when I got the truck with the 12pin but it seems like a big cluster to try and get useable

Users who are viewing this thread