Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone add front camera to 8.4?

Go4Mac

Reaction score
Post 107:

Go4Mac

Reaction score
so it looks like it should be good to go. I have two different parts lists that I am going off of. First step for me is getting the security bypass for the OBD I have (my last ram did not need one). I am going to make sure I can enable the backup camera on the screen. Then take everything apart and use either pins 21/22 or pins 23/24 with my current back camera to make sure it all works. (See the link above, post #107 for more detailed instructions.) Then order the camera and install in the grill. Here are the two parts lists I have compiled:

FRONT CAMERA

parts list #1:
Camera

ALTERNATE - Parts list #2

Gurooni

Reaction score
so it looks like it should be good to go. I have two different parts lists that I am going off of. First step for me is getting the security bypass for the OBD I have (my last ram did not need one). I am going to make sure I can enable the backup camera on the screen. Then take everything apart and use either pins 21/22 or pins 23/24 with my current back camera to make sure it all works. (See the link above, post #107 for more detailed instructions.) Then order the camera and install in the grill. Here are the two parts lists I have compiled:

FRONT CAMERA

parts list #1:
Camera

ALTERNATE - Parts list #2

Have you completed this project?

Users who are viewing this thread