Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone add any exterior hazard/emergency lighting?

Linked4door

Reaction score
Any one add any to their truck yet? I am trying to get some input on where/how to mount them. Also trying to see what brands or types are recommended.

cbrenthus

Reaction score
I joined the local VFD and am considering running a blue light. Before anyone chimes in, I don't want to drive like a jerk or break laws, but there are 2 specific reasons I want one: 1. while answering a call one of my neighbors was backing out of their driveway. While they saw me and stopped, and I had the right of way, it would be nice to have a little extra visibility to ensure I have the right of way. 2. While very rare, I have answered 2 calls (both on the same day, weird) that were in my neighborhood so I reported directly to the scene rather than the station. In that case, it would be nice to have a light signaling that my vehicle is supposed to be there.

Anyways, I like this light because it serves both the function of an off road light bar and an emergency light. As for mounting, I'm thinking about a roof rack / cargo basket and mounting to that:

Jenky21*2500

Reaction score
I have added four flashing lights to the grill, a Amber/Green light bar on the roof, and a blue light bar in the back window, and a Green dash light bar. I work with the Patriot Guard here and
they are only used for veteran funeral processions mainly for getting peoples attention. Doesn't help all that much really since most seem to have no respect for a funeral procession any more.

Attachments

• 10 20210930.jpg
    10 20210930.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 38

Linked4door

Reaction score
I have added four flashing lights to the grill, a Amber/Green light bar on the roof, and a blue light bar in the back window, and a Green dash light bar. I work with the Patriot Guard here and
they are only used for veteran funeral processions mainly for getting peoples attention. Doesn't help all that much really since most seem to have no respect for a funeral procession any more.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Any closeup pics of the grill to show how you mounted them? Also did you replace your tow hooks with fog lights?

Does the rear window light bar have any light bleeding inside rhe cab or where you able to seal it to avoid that? Would you be willing to get pic to show how you mounted it?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
If ypu have the VSIM you can run the front and rear factory lights as wig wags i do it when plowing i also have a blue beacon up top here the wig wags are not enabled

Attachments

• 0D70B5CA-7202-4766-8DA6-2E7F64861D49.jpeg
    0D70B5CA-7202-4766-8DA6-2E7F64861D49.jpeg
    610.1 KB · Views: 29

Linked4door

Reaction score
If ypu have the VSIM you can run the front and rear factory lights as wig wags i do it when plowing i also have a blue beacon up top here the wig wags are not enabled
Don't have a VSIM, but have been reading up and debating whether or not it's worth adding. Didn't start this job till after the truck was ordered and delivered, or else I would have added that option from thr factory.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Don't have a VSIM, but have been reading up and debating whether or not it's worth adding. Didn't start this job till after the truck was ordered and delivered, or else I would have added that option from thr factory.
I bought mine from the lot and didnt think id need the VSIM but it was on the truck and now im glad i have it

Linked4door

Reaction score
I bought mine from the lot and didnt think id need the VSIM but it was on the truck and now im glad i have it
That worked out pretty well. If my teuck ends up needing a motor, I am going to order a new one with VSIM. Some of the Feniex lights I have been looking and seem to be able to tap into the wig wags option

QuattroCS

Reaction score
Do you have details on how to do this? I ordered my truck with VSIM.

Jenky21*2500

Reaction score
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. Any closeup pics of the grill to show how you mounted them? Also did you replace your tow hooks with fog lights?

Does the rear window light bar have any light bleeding inside rhe cab or where you able to seal it to avoid that? Would you be willing to get pic to show how you mounted it?
The 4 lights in the grill fit perfectly in the openings and are held in place with zip ties.
The truck did not come with tow hooks. The LED lights are 7" from Speed Tech Lights. they fit perfect and just had to drill a hole for the screws to mount them

No bleed back from the rear window light bar. It came with the brackets and suction cups to mount on the window. However the suction cups won't hold it, so its just sitting there on the back seat.

Linked4door

Reaction score
And so it begins. Got a few amber surface mounts (feniex fusion s)and added a connector to the end. Waiting on a few more to come in along with the wiring so I can build the harness. Should be a fun project. Hope I can get it done before hurricane season starts.

Attachments

• 20220518_162254.jpg
    20220518_162254.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220518_162303.jpg
    20220518_162303.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 18

Users who are viewing this thread