Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anybody have experience with Edge Evolution CTS3 on a 6.7?

Believer45

Reaction score
I had an Edge Evolution CTS when they first came out installed on my 95 F250 PowerStroke and was impressed. I did not see a lot of gain in MPG or power but it was not advertised to do either back then.

Has anyone had experience with a new Evolution CTS3 on a 4th generation Cummins 6.7? I have been searching online for quite a while and cannot find any real information. I am trying to diagnose an intermittent smoke issue with my 2011 Ram SLT 6.7 and I think the monitoring would help with that. I would like to know if it is able to initiate a regen cycle (mobile or stationary), if it shows when the engine is actually doing a regen, if there was any gain in MPG to justify the extra cost of the Evolution programmer instead of the Insight CTS3 monitor. Per Edge website the Evolution programmer is 50 state legal as it does not disable any emissions equipment and actually will not support a deleted truck.

Truck has just over 160K on it, is factory stock with all emissions equipment intact and functional. There are no codes logged and no messages in the dash. Smoke is white, it is not steam and seems to roll out from under the engine bay and cab. It happens very occasionally, sometimes only once a week or less. Sometimes it will continue for 1-2 minutes when I stop at a light. When I try to look under the hood and truck to see where it is coming from it disperses and I cannot see anything. If I rev the engine while it is happening there is no evidence of anything coming out of the tailpipe. Truck runs great, no issues. Crankcase vent filter was changed last week. No fluid leaks anywhere other than left rear wheel seal which I repaired 2 weeks ago shortly after it started. My thought is it may be related to regen as I have not pulled my 9,000 lb camper since it began a couple months back. I am considering either the Edge Evolution CTS3 programmer (50 state legal) or Edge Insight CTS3 monitor so I can see exactly when it is doing a regen and so I can initiate a mobile regen when I want to. This is what initiated the question. I really liked the original Evolution CTS on my 1995 F250 and wanted to know if anyone had experience with one on a 6.7.

Thanks in advance ----- Dave / Believer45

Users who are viewing this thread