Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any tall guys found issue with lack of headroom/legroom?

Obrracing

Reaction score
My issue, 6’3” and a 36” inseam, yeah, long legs, short torso, is the fact the damn wheel does not telescope, so I have to compromise and be up closer than I would like, so I am about an inch from the 4 wheel drive knob. Long drives tend to aggregate the butt cheek!

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I wish I could lower the seat a little more. I have decent headroom but the adaptive cruise control module at the rearview mirror seems to block my vision a bit. I have a Laramie with no sunroof.

BigRam14

Reaction score
Trying out a 2020 3500 Laramie with bucket front seats. I love the truck, but I was surprised that with the drivers seat all the way back my right knee is still almost touching the dash. If I scoot as far back into the seat as I can my head is against the headliner. I’m 6’5 with around a 35” inseam so I’m tall but not especially long legs. I find the legroom/footroom adequate just don’t like how my knee is almost hitting the dash.
Any work arounds for this? Can the seat be moved lower or rearward safely.
This truck does have a sunroof which probably contributes to the headroom issue, but my GM’s are way better in this regard, the seats adjust lower and further back.
My buddies dad put seat rail extensions in his truck, helped alot.

rymorg

Reaction score
I’m 6’3” with a long torso. I have a Longhorn with a sunroof and have an inch or two of headroom. Moving from an F-250, definitely less headroom. That said, I’ve played around with the seat for a bit and am good to go, but it did take me a while to find the right position, especially w/o the telescoping wheel. Also, the adaptive cruise control module does block a good amount of view it seems like. That said, its a great truck and I’m quite comfortable in it now.

AttilaTheHun

Reaction score
6'3" 315 and long legs. all the way back, all the way down, with the front lifted slightly for thigh support. I have the 19 bighorn with the center console. my knee sometimes touches the center console but I attribute that to being fat more than anything else. My knee only bothers me after a full 2-3 days of 11hours driving (sometimes longer days). all in all it's very compfortable. I do wish the wheel would telescope, but I have long arms anyways so it's not much of an issue. not related but super happy how nics and quiet it is in the cab, as it doesn't tire me out as quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread