Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any suggestions? Area when bench seat is folded up, 21 Ram Tradesman

RV_Goose

Reaction score
Anyways, I’m not much for arguing online. Found the part. Thank you all for your reply’s
I've been looking up many definitions lately.

Usage of definition 1 is ok. I call it banter. Definition number 2 was not done.
1. give reasons or cite evidence in support of an idea, action, or theory, typically with the aim of persuading others to share one's view.
2. exchange or express diverging or opposite views, typically in a heated or angry way.

I guess I'll just let folks say whatever and never present any alternative view.

g00fy

Reaction score
I wonder if it's not showing up to the parts guys because the tradesman is missing mounting points because of the full bench seat. I ran into this minor issue when i took the load floor out of my 2015 bighorn to put into my 2019 Tradesman.

The 60/40 rear seat has 2 extra mounting points with studs for the fold flat floor because the 60/40 seats are 2 separate seats. I made it work by buying 2 extra bolts with the same thread spec as the seat bolts and the biggest washers i could find to make up for the missing studs that would be there if you had the 60/40 seat. I ultimately bought a 60/40 seats from a junk yard for cheap cause i needed it so i could transport 2 people and my dog if need be. Here's some photos of the extra studs your missing by not having the 60/40 split seat:

1617820292863.png
1617820316646.png

Vans406

Reaction score
I wonder if it's not showing up to the parts guys because the tradesman is missing mounting points because of the full bench seat. I ran into this minor issue when i took the load floor out of my 2015 bighorn to put into my 2019 Tradesman.

The 60/40 rear seat has 2 extra mounting points with studs for the fold flat floor because the 60/40 seats are 2 separate seats. I made it work by buying 2 extra bolts with the same thread spec as the seat bolts and the biggest washers i could find to make up for the missing studs that would be there if you had the 60/40 seat. I ultimately bought a 60/40 seats from a junk yard for cheap cause i needed it so i could transport 2 people and my dog if need be. Here's some photos of the extra studs your missing by not having the 60/40 split seat:

View attachment 14546
View attachment 14547
Thank you for the info

Frank

Reaction score

View attachment 14546
View attachment 14547
That's the difference between an order taker and a good parts desk guy. No body needs an order taker, we all know how to look at a website and order a part number. That guy will be replaced by a computer soon. I spend extra money at my local dealer because their parts guy does his homework and solves problems. I'd be surprised if he wasn't a member on most FCA related forums.

SpeedsterZ28

Reaction score
Anyways, I’m not much for arguing online. Found the part. Thank you all for your reply’s

Did the load floor work for you? I've been wanting to do something similar in mine for my pups, but wasn't sure the load floor would fit in a Tradesman with the back bench seat.

Vans406

Reaction score
Did the load floor work for you? I've been wanting to do something similar in mine for my pups, but wasn't sure the load floor would fit in a Tradesman with the back bench seat.
Ended up building my own, super easy and cheap.

Attachments

• B34D78C4-BF4B-42A5-8234-26362401FC5C.jpeg
    B34D78C4-BF4B-42A5-8234-26362401FC5C.jpeg
    520 KB · Views: 150
  • 0916D3B9-7A6B-4D65-9D94-3B1B60487D89.jpeg
    0916D3B9-7A6B-4D65-9D94-3B1B60487D89.jpeg
    918.7 KB · Views: 149

Vans406

Reaction score

Attachments

• 1F20B735-1B9D-4005-A2B6-8781A43701D2.jpeg
    1F20B735-1B9D-4005-A2B6-8781A43701D2.jpeg
    520 KB · Views: 50
  • C7A4EA5B-F2F9-44F2-AFBD-24E87C2C1431.jpeg
    C7A4EA5B-F2F9-44F2-AFBD-24E87C2C1431.jpeg
    918.7 KB · Views: 49

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
The parts situation is odd at new Ram dealers. They tell me tow mirrors won’t fit my truck. They were no help finding fog light parts.

I did a little asking around and reading on here and it seems you need a VIN for a vehicle that was equipped with the item you want. the dealer won’t sell you a part that didn’t come on your truck unless mopar makes a full kit to add it to your truck.

jdefoe0424

Reaction score
The parts situation is odd at new Ram dealers. They tell me tow mirrors won’t fit my truck. They were no help finding fog light parts.

I did a little asking around and reading on here and it seems you need a VIN for a vehicle that was equipped with the item you want. the dealer won’t sell you a part that didn’t come on your truck unless mopar makes a full kit to add it to your truck.
Yup, there's enough information on this forum to do almost anything. And plenty of dealers that sell parts online at a better price than what you would pay at your local dealer, unless you have an "in"

Frank

Reaction score

At my local dealer, that is what they do if you want the parts and labor warrantied by Ram. Parts desk will put together a kit from Ram parts plus anything else needed and it's got your typical aftermarket parts and install warranties. I did this with a trailer brake controller on my 1500 when Ram recalled the kits and had no replacement. Parts desk bought the main kit on ebay and charged me a markup, plus some minor OEM parts, installed the whole thing including flashing. No warranty on the kit, but everything else was 90 days or whatever. If I wanted it to be part of the truck warranty I could have put my name on a waiting list for whenever Ram started supplying kits again.

I would assume this is Ram policy to not cover what their engineers have not blessed, and that is entirely reasonable to not delegate that to the dealer. But it also sounds like you are dealing with order takers that have a script.

Last edited:

RV_Goose

Reaction score

That's because too many folks expect everything to be plug and play. Not every truck is the same, as much as they look alike.

Vans406

Reaction score

That’s pretty much what the dealer told me about the load floor.

Chad

Reaction score
just picked up a 21 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crewcab. I have a 120lb chocolate lab that likes to ride with me everywhere. The rear bench seat folds up of course and there’s 2 storage bins that are open underneath that makes it awkward for my lab to stand and ride safely. Has anyone seen or does anyone know of options to make it completely flat back there? I’m about to build a platform, but checking here first.
Thank youView attachment 14476
My 2020 power wagon has a plastic shelf that folds out under seat to make the area flat. Maybe find one at junkyard but be easier to build one.

Mike67

Reaction score
just picked up a 21 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crewcab. I have a 120lb chocolate lab that likes to ride with me everywhere. The rear bench seat folds up of course and there’s 2 storage bins that are open underneath that makes it awkward for my lab to stand and ride safely. Has anyone seen or does anyone know of options to make it completely flat back there? I’m about to build a platform, but checking here first.
Thank youView attachment 14476
Was going to ask where you got the wrap-over mats and realized they're the factory floor. Wish I would have gotten them, kids are always destroying the carpet under the rear seat. Never understood why any company puts carpet in a truck.

Vans406

Reaction score
I think I got it on amazon. Or at lowes it’s super easy to find. Upholstery carpet or something I can’t remember for sure
Was going to ask where you got the wrap-over mats and realized they're the factory floor. Wish I would have gotten them, kids are always destroying the carpet under the rear seat. Never understood why any company puts carpet in a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread