Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any new info on the 7.0/426 for the future HD Rams?

Randy M

Reaction score
I had heard some time ago that the 426 got shelved for some reason. I was hoping that the Ford's 7.3 gas engine would force Ram's hand in furthering R&D on the 426.

My hope is for a new 7.0/426 in the 5th Gen HD trucks for the 2022 MY. Here's to 2021...;)

BigWorm

Reaction score
I had heard some time ago that the 426 got shelved for some reason. I was hoping that the Ford's 7.3 gas engine would force Ram's hand in furthering R&D on the 426.

My hope is for a new 7.0/426 in the 5th Gen HD trucks for the 2022 MY. Here's to 2021...;)
I don't expect a 5th generation truck until 2024. I was speaking to a tonneau cover manufacturer about covers and they said thats when the current style will change.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score

426 hellephant is a drop in crate engine for 30k i have not seen any indication of a pickup being built with just a standard 426

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
426 hellephant is a drop in crate engine for 30k i have not seen any indication of a pickup being built with just a standard 426
The TRX was to have a 7.0l Banshee engine also.

It got shelved a long time ago. We were hopeful a 7.0l BGE was in the works to compete with Godzilla.

The problem is that the Hemi and The Cummins are selling so well on their own right now.

RAM is 3 years in a row now truck of the Year.

My guess something is in the works for the Powerwagon. There is still the street truck from RAM also.

RAM and our editors here have been real quiet about what is the works.

The WAGONEER is next to debut. There was a rumor it was included in the 426 Banshee roll out. But again, it was shelved.

I do think 2024 is a more realistic timeline for any chance of the HD to get a full update.

2021s are already out with much of the 2022 info known already.

2023 will be when we hear about the 2024 RAM HeavyDuty of anything.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score

BigWorm

Reaction score
2021s are already out with much of the 2022 info known already.
what is this known 2022 information? I saw the TFL video from last year that speculates about a new transmission in the HD sometimes in the future, but as far as that I haven't been able to find anything more recent or anything that suggests its going to happen in 2022. I'm looking hard at the 2021, but if a new transmission comes out in 2022 I would rather wait.

DevilDodge

Staff member
Reaction score
what is this known 2022 information? I saw the TFL video from last year that speculates about a new transmission in the HD sometimes in the future, but as far as that I haven't been able to find anything more recent or anything that suggests its going to happen in 2022. I'm looking hard at the 2021, but if a new transmission comes out in 2022 I would rather wait.
By what I said means nothing new has been discussed. Rumors sure...but nothing in stone.

D

Deleted member 80

From a marketing perspective alone, they need to roll out the new CTD trans sooner than later, AND it better be bulletproof.

Xflight29

Reaction score
What's the issue with the Asian ? I personally have never had a issue pulling 16000 pounds of trailer. Always holds gear and shifts just right.

BigWorm

Reaction score
What's the issue with the Asian ? I personally have never had a issue pulling 16000 pounds of trailer. Always holds gear and shifts just right.
I don't have any issues with Asian people, my problem is with the 68RFE in the SO. Its not very smooth and quite frankly Ram/Dodge doesn't have a great track record with transmissions.

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
Great to hear these rumors and wants,hope some come true,24 will probably be the next change,the wagoneer is using up all our time now.

taamatrix

Reaction score
thats why they try not to let too much info out, they dont want to be stuck with trucks if people are waiting for something better

brv10

has the scoop
Reaction score
thats why they try not to let too much info out, they dont want to be stuck with trucks if people are waiting for something better
I love doing what I do and reading the speculation

Users who are viewing this thread