Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any collectors of WWII memorabilia or maybe you have some laying around?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21465
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21465

I've collected WWII memorabilia all my life. My father was military when I was growing up and I spent most of my first years in Germany as a child. When I was 4 years old the war had only taken place a few years before that and there wasn't enough housing for military personal so we lived in the home of a former German soldier that had been shot in Kosovo in 1942. He was shot in the hip and had a difficult time walking and had been sent home. He had 7 daughters and no sons, as it turned out I was the young blue eyed blonde hair boy he had always wanted so he took me under his wing and spent a great deal of time with me. Not only did he share many of his items of the war with me he would have friends that didn't tell anyone at the time about their war experience share items with me. I have helmets swords, daggers, flags, photo albums and you name it from the war. After I got older and got done with my own military experience I searched out and found Lugers, High Powers, VIS Radoms and P38s as well as a large number of 1911s from the US military. I really like things with provenance and have a large number of items with capture paperwork or the history behind them. Several of the guns I own have been published in books because I have enough information about them to put them at a time in place in history. I'm always searching for more items, my plan is when I die to leave my daughter the biggest mess you ever saw. Just curious if there are any other collectors here or if anyone has old things laying around. Attached is a High Power I acquired from the estate sale of a WWII soldier, it is one of 24 known to exist with no serial number and was assembled completely out of what I consider defective parts left behind by the Germans when they evacuated from the Liege plant in Belgium and it's manufacture can be traced to the first week of September 1944.

MAX_0428.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I have a officers Rubby semi auto 7mm/32ACP with holster that my Moms long time boyfriend brought back from WWII. Even has the papers with it from the Army giving him permission to bring it home.
One of my nephews got the German helmet. I got a few bayonets, one which I believe is Japanese.

D

Deleted member 21465

Here are some of my German helmets as well as some of the Gunto swords I've collected over the years.. A couple of these I've owned for 55-60 years now. I have several nice U.S. helmets and more German helmets in another display.

IMG_9306 (1).jpg

D

Deleted member 21465

The date on the capture paperwork is pretty normal. The paperwork wasn't even available until 45 and most didn't get the paperwork completed until just before they shipped out back home. Very nice to have the weapon and the paperwork.

Users who are viewing this thread