Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another reason why I hate dealers...

jadmt

Reaction score
I leave a firearm in my truck on the rare occasion that its taken in for service. I have cameras also and going through my compartments without need could be construed (with video) as a felony.

I have never had this happen, I would be more concerned about the rambling through your truck more so than being giddy; while unprofessional its unlikely it did any damage. If I were the GM or owner of that dealership that employee would be terminated regardless of labor shortages for rambling through your stuff.
not sure what state you live in but I know of no state where it would be a felony unless it was parked in your attached garage. crap thing tho for any tech to do tho and I would not want them working for me. Imagine if someone watches the video and then says they are missing that diamond ring that was in center console.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
They always disable mine by unplugging it, the last time i was at the dealer i lost it on them for doing it as it is not part of the work order to unplug my cameras…..

I remember one time i had my jeep in for service i had aftermarket led headlights they were playing with them showing all the guys in the shop including the service manager i was watching them through the shop window i just went in to the shop and asked them when did they require you to play with the headlights for an oilchange…
Man I wonder if they would've unplugged it if they knew it was there. I'm still trying to figure out how they missed the black box that is the dashcam. It's clearly visible above/next to my mirror.

tnpete

Reaction score
Glad mine can't be driven like that. I just hit Valet Mode in the phone app. Sick as can be, and I control that. Now the part of looking in any compartment. Not going to fly and would for sure be videoed. But my Dash cam gets them inside and out.

jadmt

Reaction score
I recall reading a post on one of the ram forums where somebody got their warranty flagged because when he was getting service they noted he had a tuner in his console or something similar...it ended up not being a tuner and he had a fight getting it straightened out. I don't remember the exact details but it was either here or on ramforum.

GPurcell01

Reaction score
I recall reading a post on one of the ram forums where somebody got their warranty flagged because when he was getting service they noted he had a tuner in his console or something similar...it ended up not being a tuner and he had a fight getting it straightened out. I don't remember the exact details but it was either here or on ramforum.

Luckily it's a small town dealer so they didn't even question it. I specifically told them no ecu or software updates because it is tuned and no one bat an eye at the comment.

That is one of the things I had in the compartments

GPurcell01

Reaction score
Glad mine can't be driven like that. I just hit Valet Mode in the phone app. Sick as can be, and I control that. Now the part of looking in any compartment. Not going to fly and would for sure be videoed. But my Dash cam gets them inside and out.

Is this in the Uconnect app? I have it but haven't messed with it much at all.

Users who are viewing this thread