Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another off topic hurling insults thread (private room)

gimmie11s

Reaction score
First of all, if you do it proactively, you just killed your warranty.

On what? Sure, you just killed your warranty on your cp4 pump, but would you really care about that? Isnt that the point of this thread?

Saying you'd kill your entire warranty is pure misinformation and you should stop saying that.

Wmhjr

Reaction score
On what? Sure, you just killed your warranty on your cp4 pump, but would you really care about that? Isnt that the point of this thread?

Saying you'd kill your entire warranty is pure misinformation and you should stop saying that.

I'm sorry but we've been back and forth about this ad nauseum. YOU should STOP telling people that doing the swap will not void the warranty. You have zero idea. I don't believe you work for FCA/RAM. I don't think you can make such a statement. When factually people have had FCA attempt to not fix failed CP4 trucks because of claimed "bad fuel", and when many of us have been screwed by voided warranties in the past, it is not only disengenuous but bluntly false to make a claim that doing the swap will only affect the warranty on the pump. That is simply not true - period - end of story.

It is VERY easy to see FCA making a claim that an unauthorized change to the drivetrain which might affect things like fuel pressure, etc, could also impact drivability and longevity of other components - not restricted to just the fuel system. Is it definite? Nope. Is it likely? Yup. Having discussed this very topic WITH FCA PERSONALLY about my '20, as well as with two different dealerships. I was convinced that the possibility was very high. Could you fight the issue if it happened? Sure. But even assuming you did AND you were eventually successful, that takes time and money. Time where you don't have a truck or you have to pay for the repairs out of your pocket in hopes of reimbursement, and money if/when it gets legal. And FCA has a LOT more lawyers than any of us here.

IF you have factual information to prove that the warranty (beyond just the CP4) would not be voided please provide that reference. Not just your opinion. Facts. Please be prepared to discuss those FACTS. For the record, I've already been down that road with GM and lost, so you might want to make sure of what you're saying before accusing somebody of spreading misinformation. Like REALLY sure. The contrary, I believe anybody making a blanket statement that doing the swap will NOT void your drivetrain and emissions warranty is making pure unsubstantiated misinformation until that evidence somehow appears..... BTW - you might want to see just how Magnusson-Moss failed to protect owners of Ford Powerstroke owners with blown head gaskets..... That's just an easy relative example. Magnusson-Moss is not a magic wand. In particular now when computerized fuel delivery and emissions are tied so closely together, manufacturers often take a very severe position.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
I'm sorry but we've been back and forth about this ad nauseum. YOU should STOP telling people that doing the swap will not void the warranty. You have zero idea. I don't believe you work for FCA/RAM. I don't think you can make such a statement. When factually people have had FCA attempt to not fix failed CP4 trucks because of claimed "bad fuel", and when many of us have been screwed by voided warranties in the past, it is not only disengenuous but bluntly false to make a claim that doing the swap will only affect the warranty on the pump. That is simply not true - period - end of story.

It is VERY easy to see FCA making a claim that an unauthorized change to the drivetrain which might affect things like fuel pressure, etc, could also impact drivability and longevity of other components - not restricted to just the fuel system. Is it definite? Nope. Is it likely? Yup. Having discussed this very topic WITH FCA PERSONALLY about my '20, as well as with two different dealerships. I was convinced that the possibility was very high. Could you fight the issue if it happened? Sure. But even assuming you did AND you were eventually successful, that takes time and money. Time where you don't have a truck or you have to pay for the repairs out of your pocket in hopes of reimbursement, and money if/when it gets legal. And FCA has a LOT more lawyers than any of us here.

IF you have factual information to prove that the warranty (beyond just the CP4) would not be voided please provide that reference. Not just your opinion. Facts. Please be prepared to discuss those FACTS. For the record, I've already been down that road with GM and lost, so you might want to make sure of what you're saying before accusing somebody of spreading misinformation. Like REALLY sure. The contrary, I believe anybody making a blanket statement that doing the swap will NOT void your drivetrain and emissions warranty is making pure unsubstantiated misinformation until that evidence somehow appears..... BTW - you might want to see just how Magnusson-Moss failed to protect owners of Ford Powerstroke owners with blown head gaskets..... That's just an easy relative example. Magnusson-Moss is not a magic wand. In particular now when computerized fuel delivery and emissions are tied so closely together, manufacturers often take a very severe position.

Hahahaha. Ok Champion.

Go back and read what i wrote on the topic. If anyone is posting worthless opinion, it is you. I posted court cases, law, and cited sources who have lived through it -- you know, actual facts.

What's your rebuttal? More drivel about a "over clocked cp4" and a "killed warranty", neither of which you know anything about.

You do you lil fella!

Wmhjr

Reaction score
Hahahaha. Ok Champion.

Go back and read what i wrote on the topic. If anyone is posting worthless opinion, it is you. I posted court cases, law, and cited sources who have lived through it -- you know, actual facts.

What's your rebuttal? More drivel about a "over clocked cp4" and a "killed warranty", neither of which you know anything about.

You do you lil fella!
Well we can agree that obviously we will not agree. Buttercup. Lol. Do what you want but you should immediately stop accusing others of ****. Buttercup.

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Well we can agree that obviously we will not agree. Buttercup. Lol. Do what you want but you should immediately stop accusing others of ****. Buttercup.

Take your own advice.

let’s start there

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
I've been reliving my youth by watching AEW wrestling lately and I would like you both to know that I read these comments in my head picturing you both doing it "promo" style to a camera with Mean Gene holding a mic up and looking concerned. I expect full pyro/music entrances, elaborate wardrobe, all the pageantry as you make you ways to the ring for a scripted traditional elbow/collar tie up match. 1 fall, 20 min time limit, for the HDRams World Heavy Duty Championship.

I also expect FCA to do a "run in" from the crowd or backstage and distract the referee, while Peugeot also comes from behind for a double KO disqualification, announcing to the world that they have joined to become the "stable" of Stellantis for an epic "heel turn" "finish".

Users who are viewing this thread