Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another missing from 2023 - Center Console Drawer

pizzatots

Reaction score
Hi all-

Im assuming this is missing - or maybe its always been missing from the 2500s?

My last 2 Rams have been Laramie's with the bench seat - one a 2018, and the next a 2020. Both had a drawer at the bottom of the center console stack. This 2023 2500 bench seat has no drawer, and a wide tray there instead.

Anyone else have a pre '23 bench seat Laramie that has a drawer?

Wondering if I can swap one in...

pizzatots

Reaction score

Alligator John

Reaction score
No idea here. I just remembered it on the thread and scrolled back to get the link for you. Mine is a Power Wagon with bucket seats, so it's not going to apply to me.

g00fy

Reaction score
Is the drawer the same part number between the 1500's & HD's?

ollicat

Reaction score
Yeah I ordered one for my 23. It is on back order, $300. I have no idea how it is installed ass there are no visible fastening points. I may let the dealer install it when it arrives

g00fy

Reaction score
Yeah I ordered one for my 23. It is on back order, $300. I have no idea how it is installed ass there are no visible fastening points. I may let the dealer install it when it arrives
I've had that stupid Cubby out to do some other mods and add some wiring. Most of it is held in with those pop clips, but there are at least 4 screws hiding in there IIRC. It's really not too bad, it's just a little tedious and nerve racking getting all the pop clips to let go.

g00fy

Reaction score
Ok so the other day I was poking around ebay looking for one of these drawers, I found 4 or 5 out of 5th gen 1500's, 1 out of a 2500 but it was way over priced. I added one of the 1500 drawers with the inverter outlet to my watch list, even just to come back to if I discovered it would indeed fit. Well a few hours later the seller sent me a good offer on it, and I was feelin' froggy, so I jumped at it.

Turns out the drawers out of 1500's do indeed fit:
PXL_20230415_220719969.jpg

Couple things to note though, the USB hub that came with the drawer did not work. I don't know if it's because it's different for the 1500 or because this thing was pretty grimy and was most likely exposed to the elements for a while in the donor truck. I swapped my hub in and it works fine.

2nd thing is the trim piece is still on order, should have it in a few days, and it should fit, but I won't know for sure until I try it.

This was actually very easy, probably easier than the upper glove box I added at the same time. Pop out the radio, pull 2 trim pieces off, expose 2 screws in the old cubby, remove them, pop out the cubby, unplug the wires. To install the drawer, plug in the wires, pop in the cubby, replace the 2 screws, put the trim pieces back on, pop the radio bezel back in, good to go.

JD2510

Reaction score
Anyone have part numbers for trim piece and drawer?

g00fy

Reaction score
Got the trim piece in today, fit perfect. So for anyone looking to add this to their truck you can save some money picking up a drawer used out of a 5th gen 1500, it will fit, and they seem to be a lot more common and affordable than ones advertised as from an HD.

Users who are viewing this thread