Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another heat issue

mr.robi1980

Reaction score
2018 3500 6.7
I have replaced thermostat due to cold operating temperature, as well as heater core back flush (cuz I was there). Had good flow and fluid was clean.
I have replaced the fan clutch due to fluctuating temperature while driving.
Now that I have stabilized my operating temps, I am still getting luke warm air in the cab. I have scanned the HVAC and all actuators pass.
Getting kinda stumped and any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
2018 3500 6.7
I have replaced thermostat due to cold operating temperature, as well as heater core back flush (cuz I was there). Had good flow and fluid was clean.
I have replaced the fan clutch due to fluctuating temperature while driving.
Now that I have stabilized my operating temps, I am still getting luke warm air in the cab. I have scanned the HVAC and all actuators pass.
Getting kinda stumped and any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
What are the outside temps and do you have the winter front on?

Is the truck deleted?

mr.robi1980

Reaction score
Truck is completely stock, no delete. Ambient is -14 Celsius and winter front is on. Gauge says 90 (goes up and down a couple because of thermostat), upper rad hose is at 91, core in is 88 and core out is 80.

mr.robi1980

Reaction score
Took another truck that is almost identical, except for the winter front and the heat in this one is absolutely annoying. gauge says 88, upper rad hose is 80, core in is 77 and out is 74

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Truck is completely stock, no delete. Ambient is -14 Celsius and winter front is on. Gauge says 90 (goes up and down a couple because of thermostat), upper rad hose is at 91, core in is 88 and core out is 80.
The blend door may be stuck, whats the temp out of the vent

mr.robi1980

Reaction score
all actuators pass though. unsure exactly what vent temps are, but they are considerably less than the compared truck.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
all actuators pass though. unsure exactly what vent temps are, but they are considerably less than the compared truck.
Does not matter if they pass the test on the scanner the motor could still be moving but the door not moving check the vent temps see what kind of variation across them

Users who are viewing this thread