Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto randomly loses connection.

Etoimos

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with Android Auto just randomly dropping connect and throwing an error message on the UConnect screen? My truck has always done this is certain locations, but over the last two weeks or so it is doing it randomly. I've removed AA from my phone and reinstalled it, I've unpaired and repaired the truck and phone, and I've also cleared the cache in AA. None of these things has helped.

I have not issues with AA staying connected in our BMW.

Etoimos

Reaction score
I've not tried the USB connection, but it sounds like that would not fix it anyway. And of course I have 36, 341 miles on my truck now :(

RV_Goose

Reaction score
My old phone had AA issues like you described. Upgraded phones for other reasons and no more issues. Always kept AA updated. How old is your phone?

Drew M

Reaction score
Happens with my CarPlay everyday numerous times
My '23 had issues with the radio unit. In addition to CarPlay not connecting, my maps would switch to km automatically and I couldn't correct.
Finally had the radio replaced in December. Stellantis "Engineers suck". I had worked with my Dealership Service Director, it got so bad he finally went to his Regional Director, and got the replacement radio shipped in two days, and installed two days later.
Unfortunately, CarPlay is beginning to act up again... Ram Care response "... you need to schedule an appointment and...". So, if I bring it in again, I'll be without a truck for 7-10 days while my service guys wait for the Engineers to "get back" with them...

Etoimos

Reaction score
My old phone had AA issues like you described. Upgraded phones for other reasons and no more issues. Always kept AA updated. How old is your phone?
It is pretty old and I was looking at upgrading it regardless of this issue anyways. The odd thing is that my phone stays connected rock solid in our BMW. There are a few spots around town that my PW will drop the AA connection every single time I pass that location, not in the BMW though.

Alaskaflyer

Reaction score
I just upgraded my Uconnect 4 to a Uconnect 5 and I am having this issue as well. Phone disconnects whether its connected by USB or Bluetooth. Never happened with the Uconnect 4.

RamCares

RamCares Team
Reaction score
Hi everyone! If anyone is facing concerns with their vehicle in relation to Android Auto or Uconnect, our team would be happy to assist. Just send us a message with your VIN and details of your experience, or any inquires you may have. We will do our best to support in any way we can.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread