Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amphenol AT Deutsch connectors

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
With the purchased Baja Designs Reverse kit for my 2022 Bighorn SB I was looking at changing the connectors to make them completely water proof. Since I need to modify the wiring harness anyway due to the way I need to wire it to a Aux switch instead of the backup light wire I was looking at the Amphenol AT Deutsch connectors.

Anyone have any experience with Amphenol AT Deutsch connectors over the OEM Deutsch 2-way connectors? The Amphenol AT Deutsch connectors are about 40% cheaper over the OEM Deutsch connectors that I could find online.

Last edited:

suber81083

Reaction score
They were used in the heavy truck industry in the 90s and 2000s in Freighliners, Peterbilts, KWs, and Internationals. I’m sure they were used in a lot more things than that. They seem to work and hold up good over the years that I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
Where can you buy that less than 500 ft?
At $56.40 for a 500ft roll it is a great price compared to buying local primary wire from China at the auto parts stores and such, there are places that sell shorter pieces that they cut off a larger roll.

Waytek has Automotive Cross Link Wire - TXL, GXL & SXL Style from 8ga-22ga in different insulation thicknesses, the only issue is you have to buy it in bulk. But when you need some wire you have the large spool sitting there instead of having to go find wire.

I have bought from these guys in the past until I found Waytek.

Last edited:

JHeat2500

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with a weatherpac/metripac connector. Why change it out?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BighornHDRam

Reaction score
I've never had an issue with a weatherpac/metripac connector. Why change it out?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
I have some other things planned down the road and want all plugs to match, plus currently I live in an area that they salt the roads and want the plug to be water tight.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread