Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp Research switch location

Catmechanic

Reaction score
I'm running Amp Research steps on my 2500. I wanted the switch so I could deploy them at the brushless car wash, but I didn't want to drill an ugly ass hole in the dash of my truck. Thought I'd share the stupid simple solution I came up with incase anyone else was in the same boat.

I simply took a piece of 16ga that I had left over from another project, cut out a 2" x 3" rectangle, drilled a couple of holes, bent it in the vise, and painted it. I put it between the lower part of the dash and the metal substructure that it fastens to, and used one of the two bolts that holds the lower dash in place. The entire install of the switch, making the bracket, and letting the paint dry took all of about 45 minutes.

Hope it helps someone else out.20210304_122229.jpg20210304_122301.jpg20210304_122609.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread