Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp research running boards

Whiskyman

Reaction score
good afternoon, i bought a 2022 tradesman 3500 4x4 dually this saturday, 6.4 hemi, air suspension, and 50 gallon fuel tank, i want to add amp research power xl boards, or something similar, their website list them for diesel only, anyone tried it on the gas dually? Or ideas?

G Mcpherson

Reaction score
I have the Regular Amp Steps. Originally installed on my 2016 with the 6.4 Hemi. Moved them to my 2018 6.7 and now installed on my 22 3500 H.O. 6.7. All Crew Cab Models

Cseybert

Reaction score
I had them on my 2019 2500 put them on myself. Sold that my 2022 3500 DRW ordered with the factory power steps. Never had a problem I would recommend them know.

Last edited:

jsalbre

Reaction score
It’s likely they list them only for the diesel due to the vibration dampers installed on the frame of the Hemi. You’d probably have to relocate or remove them.

Poolmonkey

Reaction score
It’s likely they list them only for the diesel due to the vibration dampers installed on the frame of the Hemi. You’d probably have to relocate or remove them.

Whoever put those things on my PW moved the dampeners rearward, attached them with only the two rear bolts using the forward flanges of the dampener. It didn’t work well, the dampeners caused a racket…made MDS horribly loud and rattly.
When I removed them and secured the dampeners properly MDS became a non-issue as far as annoyance goes and I no longer have to deal with the steps.

Drew M

Reaction score
If you don’t see them in line, write them and ask.
In early December I had written and asked for my ‘23 BH CC, Hemi. I was told that they should have them in March.
I sent a follow up today.
I’d rather get the AMP than OEM…

jsalbre

Reaction score
Whoever put those things on my PW moved the dampeners rearward, attached them with only the two rear bolts using the forward flanges of the dampener. It didn’t work well, the dampeners caused a racket…made MDS horribly loud and rattly.
When I removed them and secured the dampeners properly MDS became a non-issue as far as annoyance goes and I no longer have to deal with the steps.
Sometimes if you want something done right...

Seth55

Reaction score
good afternoon, i bought a 2022 tradesman 3500 4x4 dually this saturday, 6.4 hemi, air suspension, and 50 gallon fuel tank, i want to add amp research power xl boards, or something similar, their website list them for diesel only, anyone tried it on the gas dually? Or ideas?

What you getting with the 6.4 Hemi dually for mpg towing and empty?
I I'm curious the difference between a dually and single wheel.
I've looked everywhere on Google and here. But no real numbers for the dually.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread