Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ambient lighting

bobohio

Reaction score
Have they done away with the ambient light above the top glove box? My 2019 Laramie had it, but my 2021 Laramie doesn't?

Pronto

Reaction score
It's on my Longhorn that I got last month. You have it turned up with one of the dials next to your headlight switch?

bobohio

Reaction score
It's on my Longhorn that I got last month. You have it turned up with one of the dials next to your headlight switch?
yeah...I do..I was told by the dealer that they didn't do it anymore...but I know better!

bobohio

Reaction score
If you have the cluster dial on max brightness, it turns the ambient lighting off. Very dumb.....
yeah I know...but just isn't working on the glove box...everything else works

bobohio

Reaction score
ok, I was just thinking maybe it was only deleted on the level 1 but guess not...it's not a big deal just something I noticed..I kind of liked it, but oh well

cmcx2011

Reaction score
Did you figure it out? I am almost positive that the 1500 Limited has full ambient lighting. Perhaps the second dimmer dial on your truck only controls the little ambient light near the sunroof/rear window controls?

Either way, I sure hope this is not the case with the Limited HD that I ordered because I for one love the ambient glovebox strip!

bobohio

Reaction score
Did you figure it out? I am almost positive that the 1500 Limited has full ambient lighting. Perhaps the second dimmer dial on your truck only controls the little ambient light near the sunroof/rear window controls?

Either way, I sure hope this is not the case with the Limited HD that I ordered because I for one love the ambient glovebox strip!
according to the dealer and Ram chat...it's not on there

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
For anyone interested in upgrading their Ram 2500/3500's ambient lighting from the dim lighting the trucks come with Paragoptics just released (pre-release) their full factory upgrade package for the HD Rams https://www.paragoptics.com/djd2-ram-25003500-abl I just ordered mine.

My friend ordered the footwell replacements ($20) and did them a couple months ago and they look awesome! No modifications to existing, just pull out current light board and insert new one. I helped him do it and it took less than 30 minutes for the footwells. Looking forward to having the dash strips and foot wells upgraded on my Limited.

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
according to the dealer and Ram chat...it's not on there
my 2021 Limited has the ambient lighting. Doesn't have as many locations as the 1500's but has the dash strips and footwells are there. I was hoping it had as much as my wife's Ford Explorer. The door handle lights on the Ford are great for the kids at night, they keep wanting to turn on the overhead lights in my Ram cause they think it's too dark lol

UglyViking

Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of doing that full paragoptics swap but damn if that cost isn't high for some LED bulbs. It does look cool though. On the plus side, if you swap your overhead lights with red or tint them red, it helps save your "night vision".

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
I'm toying with the idea of doing that full paragoptics swap but damn if that cost isn't high for some LED bulbs. It does look cool though. On the plus side, if you swap your overhead lights with red or tint them red, it helps save your "night vision".
Ya I was a bit surprised by the price but I did order the full factory upgrade kit. Now I just need to figure out a way to get some ambient lighting for the back seat so the kids don’t keep harassing me lol

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's been reported before that they dropped it in 21 for all but the Limited/Limited Longhorn.

KevoTheFord

Reaction score
I think it's been reported before that they dropped it in 21 for all but the Limited/Limited Longhorn.
I do have it in my 2021 Limited but just the warm white colour and it’s super dim even on max setting. It almost looks like the light is leaking out from other places rather than being the ambient lights . I ordered the blue lights that match most of the dash lights which also has a brighter entry white light

jsalbre

Reaction score
I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread here, but I recently realized that my 2023 Rebel doesn't have the ambient lights on the dash that my 2020 Limited did, and found this thread when looking for info about it. Some more digging led me to a number of threads on the 1500 and TRX sites mentioning adding the lights back in, and that while the connector for the passenger side dash ambient strip is there, the connectors for the left dash and above the start button ambient lights are missing for 2023 1500s. Out of curiosity I checked on my truck and the connectors are all there, so at least on 2023 HD Rebel Level 2s (and I assume Lev 2 PWs as well) the connectors for all 3 ambient lights are present.

I plan to order them and install myself shortly.

Ryan0627

Reaction score
I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread here, but I recently realized that my 2023 Rebel doesn't have the ambient lights on the dash that my 2020 Limited did, and found this thread when looking for info about it. Some more digging led me to a number of threads on the 1500 and TRX sites mentioning adding the lights back in, and that while the connector for the passenger side dash ambient strip is there, the connectors for the left dash and above the start button ambient lights are missing for 2023 1500s. Out of curiosity I checked on my truck and the connectors are all there, so at least on 2023 HD Rebel Level 2s (and I assume Lev 2 PWs as well) the connectors for all 3 ambient lights are present.

I plan to order them and install myself shortly.
Did you ever do this? I'm new to the Luxury class of rams lol, my last one was a 17 tradesman lol. any pics if you did, I don't know what I'm missing but I think I want it lol.

jsalbre

Reaction score
I haven’t yet, but it’s on my list. Need time to get to it.

Users who are viewing this thread