Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alternative Front License Plate Mounts

DragginAWagon

Reaction score
Has anyone in a state that requires front license plates mounted theirs somewhere other than under the winch with the standard mounting bracket (shown below)?

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 51

Crusty old shellback

Reaction score
I posted in the power wagon forum one I found that mounts to the winch and puts it in front of the winch. When you need the winch, it pifiots out of the way. But it may need to be modified some to mount it to our winch.

Wobly

Reaction score
I ditched the bracket and mounted it right on the bumper.

View attachment 42149
^^^This. Get some license plate plastic inserts at the auto parts store, tap them in. Done! ...unless you do like me and almost rip it off again while off-roading. I ended up folding it back and screwing the bottom two holes into the CJC Intercooler guard (winch cover) that I have installed.

Texas RAMPW

Reaction score
Interested also. The factory one disappeared on the highway. Then the car wash I go through bends the plate upward when I just bolted it in with two screws and nuts.

ShadowMTN

Reaction score
I drilled out the holes or added them, can't remember. Installed rivnuts and made it so I can take the plate on and off if hitting the trails.

1660658667005.png

Tri J

Reaction score
Search "Dorman HELP! Black License Plate Bracket"
Solved the problem for me on a former Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread