Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alliance Avenue All Access

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone pulling a Alliance Avenue All access 5th wheel with a 2022 Ram 2500 4x4?
I'm interested in purchasing one but it seems the bottom of trailer at the hitch is 62" and my Ram at the top of bed is 59".
They say you should have at least 6" clearance, so If I have to raise RV 3" in front it seems like it would really be riding nose high.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone pulling a Alliance Avenue All access 5th wheel with a 2022 Ram 2500 4x4?
I'm interested in purchasing one but it seems the bottom of trailer at the hitch is 62" and my Ram at the top of bed is 59".
They say you should have at least 6" clearance, so If I have to raise RV 3" in front it seems like it would really be riding nose high.
You can also lift the trailer a couple of inches and it will be close enough. But even at 3” you are still not bad and the trailer axles are getting equal load. And remember the 59” is going to be less when the pin weight is on sou you can drop the trailer kingpin down a couple of inches. 5-5.5” is likely enough unless you go through rough bush roads

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance! That's what I was hoping to hear. Just don't want to spend all that money to find my truck is to high for it to sit right on it.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
You can also lift the trailer a couple of inches and it will be close enough. But even at 3” you are still not bad and the trailer axles are getting equal load. And remember the 59” is going to be less when the pin weight is on sou you can drop the trailer kingpin down a couple of inches. 5-5.5” is likely enough unless you go through rough bush roads

Have you scaled the same/similar trailer to make the determination that a 3" out of level won't affect the axle load distribution?

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Have you scaled the same/similar trailer to make the determination that a 3" out of level won't affect the axle load distribution?
Not that exact trailer but equalizer wish bones are usually ok for 3” and im guessing on length but it will still be in spec generally

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance! That's what I was hoping to hear. Just don't want to spend all that money to find my truck is to high for it to sit right on

No, that's why I'm asking others. I don't have a 5th wheel now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blowenblu

Reaction score
Hope so, that's why I was hoping someone in group may be pulling one of these 5th wheels to let me know how it worked out for them. thanks.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance! That's what I was hoping to hear. Just don't want to spend all that money to find my truck is to high for it to sit right on it.
The trailer dealer should allow you to hook up and see how it sits. Not knowing which model your looking at but the lengs vary from 27-31 ft so i can assure you the 3ish inches (depending on truck squat) should be more than ok. Plus you always have the option to add a slight lift to make it sit better if you so choose

Users who are viewing this thread