Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All weather floor mats

Jsrunnlus

Reaction score
I normally use Weathertech but was having a time getting the color I wanted to match my interior so I went with the RAM version this time. A Mega so the rear storage compartment is not an issue. They don't go up as high behind the pedals as I am used to but I seem to be dealing with it without issue so far.

Frank

Reaction score
I had Weathertech in my 2019 1500 Bighorn. I had 3 problems with them:

1. My local dealership's pro shop was selling Mopar considerably cheaper. I saw this after the fact and was really surprised.
2. Where I live is clay and limestone. With light use they had mineral stains ground into the plastic within months and soap and all methods up to and including a pressure washer would not get it out. I have heavy duty mineral stain products for my boat but did not get the chance to try them on the mats...plus those products are expensive to use on a regular basis. Intended usage is once every two years on a boat hull.
3. In floor storage was inaccessible.

Also a #4 that may have been a defect or non-issue to some - the thin flange was lightly creased when I received my mats and it never fully straightened out. It did not sit on the door sill very well and curled up in spots.

My 2020 2500 Laramie has what look like heavier duty carpet mats. If I'm going to have dirty mats they might as well be the carpet ones, and I will retain access to storage. I'll do my best to keep them clean and in a few years when they show wear I can spend the liner money on new carpet mats from Ram.

jadmt

Reaction score
Also for those who are having trouble getting to the storage bins why not just leave the carpet in the back and run the all weather ones up front. I have no issues lifting my all weather ones to access the storage bins tho.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
Also for those who are having trouble getting to the storage bins why not just leave the carpet in the back and run the all weather ones up front. I have no issues lifting my all weather ones to access the storage bins tho.
Good idea. My Ram mats are on the way. I am glad to hear the storage bins are still accessible.

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
I have the weathertech. Bought the mud flaps too. It all fits very well. I did have to velcro the corner of the back mat.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
The Mopar front driver side is GARBAGE! Zero coverage where it counts... as in, where your feet actually are when driving there is no rubber! Anyone have photos of the Huskys?

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I have the weathertech. Bought the mud flaps too. It all fits very well. I did have to velcro the corner of the back mat.

Interesting. Which corner did you velcro? I thought I had my dealer throwing in the Mopar all-weather mats for the deal but I just received Weather Techs. I haven't put them in yet.

Madmax

Reaction score
I have the factory liners. I think they are really nice and look great. The only issue that I have with them is as mentioned above, the drivers side one does not cover the place where you need it to, to the side and behind the accelerator pedal. Because of that I would likely get Weather Tech's if I had to do it all over again.

bigrobtemp

Reaction score
They seem to curl up on the corners. I had to velcro the drivers side rear down.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I bought a set of black WeatherTech for my Mega. Too bad Husky doesn't do the rear Mega.
I'll share pictures when received.

Brett196.7

Reaction score
What is everybody using? i have the ram ones for my 19 Rebel and liked them, are the ones for the heavy duty just as good?
I’ve got the Weathertech liners with the one piece in the rear. Absolutely great mats.

delmoniCO

Reaction score
I have the Huskys. They're perfect. I may even swap the factory clips over from the carpet mats to the Huskys.

MikeXM

Reaction score
I installed the WeatherTech ones on my Mega. They fit like gloves. Snaps works great.
Looks like a great buy so far.

20201119_124012.jpg

20201119_123749.jpg

20201119_124349.jpg

Epsilon Plus

Reaction score
Is there a market for the carpet mats? I just installed the RAM mats and have half a mind to toss the old ones out. I also have a set for the wife's Traverse since I put all weathers in there too.

I am trying to de-packrat my garage. I don't see the point in keeping carpet mats around. Anyone use them for some other project or sell them or just toss them out?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
I have an old set of carpet mats from my 2015 1500 that I tacked up on the wall to prevent door dings on my wife's Durango. Beyond that I haven't found a use for them (though I did bag mine up when I added the Max Liners and will eventually just toss them as part of a spring cleaning).

Users who are viewing this thread