Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Suspension Ride Height

Red Rider

Reaction score
I have a big favor to ask. Could someone who has a late model (2019 and up) Ram 2500 with the Off-road package and the factory air suspension measure the normal ride height of the rear end. A measurement from the ground to the top of the fender wheel arch would be great.

Thank you for your help,

jebruns

Reaction score
I didn't think you could order an HD with both the air and off-road suspension. I just tried on the Ram build site. If you select Air and then the off-road, it removes the Air option.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a big favor to ask. Could someone who has a late model (2019 and up) Ram 2500 with the Off-road package and the factory air suspension measure the normal ride height of the rear end. A measurement from the ground to the top of the fender wheel arch would be great.

Thank you for your help,

Have you looked at the dimensions pdfs on the Ram bodybuilder website?

Red Rider

Reaction score
I didn’t think of the fact that you might not be able to get the air with the Off-road package. I have installed the Timber Grove Air Springs and getting the best ride height is pretty much trail and error. I thought about using the factory ride height as a starting point. At this point, if anyone has the height of a non-off-road package with factory air, I would still be interested in the dimension.

Thanks for all the great input.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you wanting to effect your empty ride height? Or loaded ride height?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m starting with empty at this stage.
Thanks

That’s easy. Minimum air in the bags.

The steel spring trucks all sit higher than air/auto-level so you will have to have some decent payload to squat that low.

Even loaded I’d just let it sag 1.5” and use the bags to hold that height.

Red Rider

Reaction score
That’s easy. Minimum air in the bags.

The steel spring trucks all sit higher than air/auto-level so you will have to have some decent payload to squat that low.

Even loaded I’d just let it sag 1.5” and use the bags to hold that height.
Just. to clarify, I do not have air bags but air springs (replaced the steel springs) so I am similar to the factory air suspension which is why I am looking for the ride height for the factory air setup.

CharlieL

Reaction score
My 2022 2500 CCSB does not have off road; it does have the rear air suspension. In normal mode the height from ground to the fender well (centered over the tire) is 42 inches.

Last edited:

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Just. to clarify, I do not have air bags but air springs (replaced the steel springs) so I am similar to the factory air suspension which is why I am looking for the ride height for the factory air setup.

Gotcha, read that wrong.

The body builders guide has all the heights for various models.

I would also confirm that the air spring trucks have the same track bar before mimicking their height. I presume they do, but you know how that goes.

Last edited:

Shorty

Reaction score
Came upon this and thought I'd chime in just as I was curious, so I went and measured. Straight up from ground to fender well, centered over tire.
2020 2500 LBCC4X4 Diesel, air suspension, no off road package is also 42".

Users who are viewing this thread