Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Purifier?

Royalist_Ram

Reaction score
Every single goddamn person we admit with covid is unvaccinated, ****in dumbasses.
Yep, I had covid last month, pretty bad. Delta this time, got the wild-type last year. Luckily I’m vaccinated so I didn’t need hospitalized. I did have early onset pneumonia in my left lung though. Luckily my dad is one of the heads of radiology at our hospital system, and we got in touch with the the other heads of radiology, head of infectious diseases, and one of the dept heads of the Regeneron program. How people choose not to get it is beyond me, hell I’m very conservative too. Like people think they’re experts in virology or pharmacology all of sudden because of what they read on Facebook. It’s really sad.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
How people choose not to get it is beyond me,
Lack of information and testing of the vaccines, the government keeps changing stuff like which ones are approved for travel… looking at the numbers and seeing less than 2% chance of getting it and then less than .004% chance of death is similar numbers to the flu (this is based from numbers provided by our canadian government not facebook which i don't even have). I know more people personally that have had complications from the vaccine (one just had a stroke doctors have all said it was from the vaccine) than people who have had the rona (1 person and they only had a runny nose for a week)

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
Never has there been a more polarizing topic.

I ain’t mad at the people who are sticking it to the man by not letting the man stick them. We give up our freedoms bit by bit when we let the government “protect us”.

I got poked because my job was offering cash money plus extra paid days off incentive for getting it.

Incentives are cool. Mandates are not.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I am embarrassed that a fellow Canadian would make such a stupid remark!
You are right we should all blindly do everything the government tells us like the mandatory buyback of the 1500 different firearms…… you do you its one of the best things about freedom of speech is being aloud to have your own views and opinions, we don't have to agree with each other…. Any how lets respectfully get back on subject, Sorry for the thread derail OP

Last edited:

Royalist_Ram

Reaction score
Lack of information and testing of the vaccines, the government keeps changing stuff like which ones are approved for travel… looking at the numbers and seeing less than 2% chance of getting it and then less than .004% chance of death is similar numbers to the flu (this is based from numbers provided by our canadian government not facebook which i don't even have). I know more people personally that have had complications from the vaccine (one just had a stroke doctors have all said it was from the vaccine) than people who have had the rona (1 person and they only had a runny nose for a week)
Well those numbers Just aren’t true, not to mention I get my facts from the medical community and doctors, not my useless government. That’s like going to your plumber for electrical questions. Dad’s Been a doctor for almost 50 years, most of which at the number 1 rated hospital system in the world last year. I think we know what we’re talking about, rather than some bs liar politician or social media. I know of several people who have died from Covid.

unclelala

Reaction score
Where were you Jan 6 2021? :eek:

LimitedLonghorn

Reaction score
My build sheet just posted (2500 Longhorn) and there is a line item for 'N95+Bio HVAC Cabin Filter', so looks like the HDs are getting the upgraded air filter after all. Politics aside, I think it's great!

el_barto

Reaction score
If it’s just the cabin filter, nothing to do with the actual hvac system/ducting…. I assume it will be easy to upgrade? I’ve noticed my truck pulls in smells easier than vehicles I’ve had in the past. Someone smoking the car in front of me in traffic, etc…

unclelala

Reaction score
Trying my best here not to sound lika a know it all BUT Im a retired HVAC, installer, serviceman, and later adviser to new construction companies and from dealing with service calls to homeowners that fall for the marketing hype was extremly difficult for me (forgive me but the "Karen" type housewife were the worst) to deal with because they were so brain washed from what they watched on TV they sometimes didn't believe what advice I gave them.

An example of this was the house calls I would go to that the customer had low air flow in the house and 7 times out of 10 there would be a 3M filter bowed in from the air flow and clogged solid, the other 3 might be legit and require a heat balance. I would explain to the homeowner that if they use a 3M type filter they would have to expect a certain restricted air flow (my personal estimate is up to 20% reduction) and to compound the problem they would have to change that filter at least once a month and not once every 3 months like a regular filter because the filter was trapping more debris and clogging that much quicker.

I would ask them if anyone in the family had allergies and if not just to use the regular cheapy filters and not the 3M type. Then I would get "but what about the dust" and thats when I woud give up and tell them its your filter and if you want to use this type of filter you have to change it a hell of a lot more. With the price of those things I'll bet you a lot of people switched back to the budget filter.

Sorry about the rant but I guess Im saying unless someone has allergies I would just stick to the regular filters if possible, the more complicated the filter the less air flow it will give expecially the more clogged it becomes and I'll bet those fancy a$$ filters for the ram will come at a premium price.

mcarey

Reaction score
Never has there been a more polarizing topic.

I ain’t mad at the people who are sticking it to the man by not letting the man stick them. We give up our freedoms bit by bit when we let the government “protect us”.

I got poked because my job was offering cash money plus extra paid days off incentive for getting it.

Incentives are cool. Mandates are not.
I kind of agree with this. And, thankfully most of us in this country still have a choice on the matter. Those who don't, likely didn't have a choice on the other vaccinations they've received due to their jobs or whatever prior to COVID - albeit that's often brushed under the rug in this discussion (hi, military guys).

The one thing that really bugs me about this though, is that many of these people want to have their cake and eat it too. If you want the choice to get vaccinated or not, you need to recognize that choice comes with its own set of potential consequences, as it always has. You are free to homeschool, and not go and attend or work at places that require it, as you always have been. These things are not new.

I really just long for the days where we can all once again agree that the anti-vaxxers are just as nuts as the flat-earthers, but instead we have people dying preventable deaths in some insane attempt to prove a point.

---

In regards to air filters in trucks, as someone who really enjoys a clean interior, I want my filter to do the best it can. However, I'm not so sure how much I care about it killing bacteria and viruses really. I can't imagine, even running the HVAC at 100% power in recirc, the truck is going to be actively cleaning the air well enough to make any difference for me. End of the day though, I suppose even if it does things 1% better than not, that's a 1% improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread