Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Lift 74000EZ Installation Location

Steelheader99

Reaction score
Hey all! I have a ‘19 2500 Mega Cab with the Cummins 6.7. I have searched high and low, on YouTube and Google. I cannot find definitive locations for the installation of the Air Lift 74000EZ compressor. Can someone help a brother out? I have seen that a couple of guys have mounted it on the passenger side near the storage box from underneath. Is this the prime location? I have looked on the driver’s side frame rails, but there are the emergency brake cables and fuel rails (?), and other components to deal with. I want to make sure that it will be protected from the elements as best as possible. What is the best possible location IYHO?

Pictures would be fantastic!

ckreef

Reaction score
A video I saw had it mounted on the driver's side frame rail just behind the large front end swing arm (don't know the proper name). The only caveat is that being that far forward you'll run a little short on air line. You either need to splice in a piece of air line left over from the bag installation or buy another piece.

I have a 3500 and have air lift ultimate 5000 and the 74000ez on order along with an extra length of air line. In a couple of weeks I should be able to answer the question more definitely.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
A video I saw had it mounted on the driver's side frame rail just behind the large front end swing arm (don't know the proper name). The only caveat is that being that far forward you'll run a little short on air line. You either need to splice in a piece of air line left over from the bag installation or buy another piece.

I have a 3500 and have air lift ultimate 5000 and the 74000ez on order along with an extra length of air line. In a couple of weeks I should be able to answer the question more definitely.
Any auto parts store would have 1/4” line and quick connect couplers if need be

fyi the front arm you speak of is called a radius arm

Users who are viewing this thread