Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AIR FILTER RESTRICTION GUAGE

zsqure

Reaction score
Years ago I had an air filter restriction guage installed from the factory on my Duramax. Is there something like that for our 19+ Cummins engines? That little spring loaded thingy that has graduated colors from green yellow and red that would indicate time to replace the air filter...seems pretty simple. Is there a PID I can access in my monitor that would tell me what the intake airflow is?

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Filter Minder. Wix and Donaldson both make or market the mechanical gauges you are talking about. Fleetgaurd makes 1 that is electric and uses red, green and yellow leds to alert you to the filter condition. They are very easy to install. Just make sure that where you want to drill the hole for it that it doesn’t have a reinforcing rib on the back side.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
The EVIC will tell you if your filter is too restricted. I’m not aware of a PID that can be monitored.

Users who are viewing this thread