Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air bags

Sass55

Reaction score
Traveling across the US now.
Hitting some pretty rough roads ( interstate. Highway, etc).
Can kick my self in the rear for not having them factory installed when I had my Ram 3500 limited built.
Any suggestions on which air bag to have aftermarket installed.
Be in the Durango,CO area for 2 weeks starting this weekend.
This truck has done great pulling our Solitude 5th wheel.
Thanks for any inputs

cj8rockcrawler

Reaction score
Same here... I opted to not order them from the factory as I heard about the problems with them. After ordering, I realized that the issues were with 2500s and wished I ordered factory air.

I've since added the airlift loadlifter 5000 ultimate plus system and have the onboard compressor on order. I also seriously considered the timber grove system.

Ostracize

Reaction score
I'd look into the Airlift 5000.
Though... I do believe non-factory air 3500s have a larger leaf pack and thus more rigid/stiff. So I don't know how much just adding bags will help your ride quality... If your 5er is pin heavy and causing rear squat to the point of bump stop impact then that could be the cause of jarring, if so, then bags will help level and keep off the stops while loaded. Unloaded however, bags won't help at all IMHO.

CaptainMike

Reaction score
I have Firestone Air Commander (the same ones used on logging trucks) with O/B compressor and Bluetooth operated. I like them, but we're having problems with their supplied airline tees leaking lightly. Not a deal killer and we'll get it right, but it is a minor PIA right now.

RichM752

Reaction score
Last edited:

Blythkd1

Reaction score
I've had both and prefer Firestones. I bought Airlift once and had a quality issue with the rubber bags themselves.

Had multiple sets of Firestones and they've always been top notch, and ironically cheaper too.

Users who are viewing this thread