Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air bag overload

Rich

Banned Member
Reaction score
We have talked about this issue occasionally on a few different threads with no answer that could be provided. If anybody gets any new information feel free to post here.
The premise of the conversation is, what happens when the bed is overloaded on our trucks with the air ride suspension. Preferably the drw model. Either with cow dung or a heavy fiver. A member had stated awhile back who has a srw 3500 that he had set of a warning of a overload protection pop up and he lost function to the exhaust brake, wich we all agree makes zero sense. He wasn't able to provide any additional info. So, on the drw 3500s please post if you have had any experience with this overload protection and at what point and load type did you have on so that way we can define parameters of setting it off.
Also if you have any facts about the airbags capabilities etc, please feel free to share

ahhhr

Reaction score
SRW - i was 1000 pounds over GVRW the other day.
Bags and EB operated normally.
Put the scanner on - no codes.

johanh13

Reaction score
go to lowes and buy one hundred 80lb bags of concrete. let them load it with a forklift. drive it around and let us know.. then pull around and return them.
That reminds me of my friends dad, he loaded his old Ford f350 drw flat bed (with dana 60 axle!) with 60 sacks of beans each weighing in at 100Kg... before loading, he put oak blocks between the frame and axle. This was in Mexico and he only drove about 25 MPH on dirt roads, but the truck never broke while I was there!

Users who are viewing this thread