Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ahhh the struggle...

flan

Reaction score
Usually the vent in the tube does it’s job and it flows out nicely. I’ve only had it do this 1 other time in 21k miles.

McHenry2500

Reaction score
Why?

Just pull into a station that has bulk DEF - it's more convenient and often less expensive without the mess - my $.02
These are getting to be more common in my area. 4 years ago I think I saw 1 or 2. Now I have 3 just in my town with the DEF pumps.

wrvond

Reaction score
Why?

Just pull into a station that has bulk DEF - it's more convenient and often less expensive without the mess - my $.02

I much prefer getting my DEF from a single use jug. It’s much easier than wrestling with a retractable hose that doesn’t work right and I’ve never been a fan of nozzles crusted over with white crystals.
Never had a problem using the WalMart brand and like having a couple jugs stored in my basement.

flan

Reaction score
Are the magnetic collars still a thing on def pump nozzles? When the truck stops first started with pumps I recall our trucks needing a adapter to let the def flow out of the pump nozzle. The commercial tanks have one built in where our fill neck does not.

CdnHO

Reaction score
I have used the DEF pump at truck stops. No adaptor was needed. I would think if an adaptor was needed, then it would be marked on the pump?

2001WS6

Reaction score
I have a funnel dedicated for DEF. Screw that cheap flex hose.

Funnel

ppine

Reaction score
In the West we get the square jugs with a vent and a spout. Totally simple to use.

Users who are viewing this thread