Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket Nerf Bars and or Running Boards (3500 6.4 Standard Bed)

bigcitymike

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Laramie Crew Cab 3500 standard bed (6.4'), and i'm looking for aftermarket Nerf Bar or Running Board that include a step to get into the bed (GM knocked it out of the park with their bed step on the 2020's). This is often known as wheel-to-wheel Nerf Bars and or Running Boards if they include the step for the bed.

I can find plenty of them that cover the cab/doors, and i have found wheel-to-wheel for the 8' bed (or MegaCab), but I've yet to find a wheel-to-wheel for the standard 6.4' bed. I reached out to Westin regarding their DX Xtreme Boards - ex: part # 56-23565 (to include a bed step), and they said they're currently developing this application and expect to see them late summer, which is too long to wait for me.

Anyone find a wheel-to-wheel Nerf Bars and or Running Boards for the 3500 w/6.4 bed?

I may have to settle for the a Nerf Bar and or Running Board just for the cab/doors. In that case, anyone have any pics of the aftermarket Nerf Bars and or Running Boards you installed, and your thoughts on the product?

Bob_ag

Reaction score
Check runningboardwarehouse.com.

Search for your truck, they have quite a few wheel to wheel ones. I bought from them for my 2500, no complaints.

DontSlamMyRam

Reaction score
Big thread on running boards for your viewing pleasure

bigcitymike

Reaction score
Big thread on running boards for your viewing pleasure

Thanks, some good examples there. I like the Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Steps, but they only have them for the crew cab, and they don't make them for the crew cab wheel-to-wheel yet. They said sometime late summer.

Attachments

• Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step.jpg
    Westin HDX Xtreme Nerf Step.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 19

Bob_ag

Reaction score
These are wheel to wheel and are $250. I bought my ionic 4" ones, cab length, for $189. Once you go to wheel to wheel the price jumps quite a bit.

bigcitymike

Reaction score
These are wheel to wheel and are $250. I bought my ionic 4" ones, cab length, for $189. Once you go to wheel to wheel the price jumps quite a bit.

Honestly, for wheel-to-wheel $250 is pretty cheap. How much flex do you feel on the cab length ones? I looked for some weight ratings, and didn't see any on the page.

Bob_ag

Reaction score
Honestly, for wheel-to-wheel $250 is pretty cheap. How much flex do you feel on the cab length ones? I looked for some weight ratings, and didn't see any on the page.

On mine, I feel none. They are rock solid, not sure one weight rating. But to be clear, mine are not the same style as the ones I linked.

I bought these:

Lary0071

Reaction score
The Havoc HS2 and HS3 are the only full stainless blacked out ones I could find. Depending on where you live, stainless steel might be the only thing you want. For me in the salty rust belt... it is stainless or nothing! I did the Havoc HS3.

bigcitymike

Reaction score
The Havoc HS2 and HS3 are the only full stainless blacked out ones I could find. Depending on where you live, stainless steel might be the only thing you want. For me in the salty rust belt... it is stainless or nothing! I did the Havoc HS3.

According to havocoffroad.com, the Havoc HS3 are for the 1500 and older Ram HDs, they don't have a wheel-to-wheel listing for a 2019 3500. :(

Lary0071

Reaction score
You obviously didn't click the links that a fellow gave above, one of them being a link to my original thread where this is discussed and the actual part number is shown both in my typed respond and again in my invoice screen shot.

And you didn't follow the link to the YouTube video that I made where I show the instructions that do not list our trucks, and I explain that they do fit properly and the website and instructions simply aren't updated yet, and I show the actual install on a 2019 2500HD crew cab with 6'4" bed... Thus answering literally every single question that you currently have in life....

It's all there. Order it, bolt it on in 15 minutes, be happy and prosperous.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Lary0071

Reaction score
Oh, and call Real Truck / Havoc (all the same company) and do yourself a favor.... Ask for confirmation to make yourself feel good, and while talking ask for some help on the price. I got mine shipped and taxed for under $500.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

bigcitymike

Reaction score
After searching for nearly 3 weeks, I finally found a set of OEM running boards on CraigsList. I've been searching FB Marketplace, CraigsList, eBay and calling local dealers without any luck. I really liked the looked of the Chrome or the blacked out OEM's. I nearly bought one of the aftermarket sets, as i'm getting tired of hoisting the kids up everytime we go out. On a whim today, I search CL and instead of using "running board" as a key word, I used "step board" and voilà, someone was selling a set they took off, as they installed the AMP Powerstep. They posted it a month ago. Had them listed for $450, and I offered $300 and they took it.

Attachments

• RunningBoards_P68361672AA.jpg
    RunningBoards_P68361672AA.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 39

Users who are viewing this thread