Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket emission systems?

mboudoin

Reaction score
Since the EPA is now throwing felony charges at the shops instead of fines this brings up a good question. The main reason for deletes is to rid the truck of the systems that often fail or leaves you stranded. Why hasn't someone created a system that is based on a module design that would allow cleaning/washing as part of a maintenance schedule. I finally got my truck back hopefully in working order after dealing with this since May 2022 where they spent in excess of 10K due to warranty work. I solved part of my towing issue by swapping my 2nd vehicle for a GMS with a 6.6L gas, but I would really like to keep the 6.7L Ram even after warranty runs out. What scares me from doing so is the excessive repair bills tied the upkeep of the EGR/DPF filter etc....

Rockcrawlindude

a rock crawlin’ dude
Reaction score
if you can get away with the gas truck for what you tow, I would keep the gas truck. I am happy with my gasser. A diesel would be nice if they weren’t so much trouble.

Also, Diesel is getting close to $2 more per gallon here (2.99 vs 4.79) plus the diesel emissions and def. no, thank you.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
No one will create an aftermarket system because its a waste of time as the potential for warranty issues is way to high you would have to mark up the product so much to cover the failures that will happen that no one will buy it. Because there is no emissions system that is fool proof

mboudoin

Reaction score
I actually found a few vendors that offer the ability to have flanges on the DPF filter for easier removal for cleaning if and when the problem arises. Considering I only have 23k on this truck there is plenty time to keep looking around.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I actually found a few vendors that offer the ability to have flanges on the DPF filter for easier removal for cleaning if and when the problem arises. Considering I only have 23k on this truck there is plenty time to keep looking around.
There is lots of things that could be done like welding bolt flanges to it if you mean going at it that way

Users who are viewing this thread