Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aev wheel install

Enve46

Reaction score
Scored some used AEVs off marketplace which is about the only thing FB is good for these days. One thing I wanted to mention is removing the copper ring on the lug nuts before mounting aftermarket wheels. Dont see this mentioned at all so hopefully it’ll help someone. Leaving these in will cause vibrations and shakes that will leave anyone frustrated.

Anyway, got 5 wheels and tires and after selling my stocks it cost me $300. Wheels need a good polish to bring back to life but I’m not afraid of some good detail work. Need AlfaOBD to adjust tpms and tire size and will be good to go for few months and will swap these used tires out as well as they’re close to aging out. 37s look much better on the Power Wagons and with the AEV wheels they fit without any trimming and no rubbing.

Attachments

• IMG_5213.jpeg
    IMG_5213.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    847 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_5217.jpeg
    IMG_5217.jpeg
    705.1 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5216.jpeg
    IMG_5216.jpeg
    733 KB · Views: 187

letMeIn

Reaction score
truck looks stunning with them. Will probably go with the same setup on my 3500, especially since you don't have to deal with any trimming. Thx for heads up about the copper rings

Enve46

Reaction score
So that's what my wheels look like clean... It's been too long apparently.
41* and light rain didn’t stop me from getting the salt/dirt off from recent storms. I like a clean truck despite it’s going to get dirty on a trail ride this week

Attachments

• IMG_5553.jpeg
    IMG_5553.jpeg
    736.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5549.jpeg
    IMG_5549.jpeg
    686.1 KB · Views: 55

g00fy

Reaction score
Scored some used AEVs off marketplace which is about the only thing FB is good for these days. One thing I wanted to mention is removing the copper ring on the lug nuts before mounting aftermarket wheels. Dont see this mentioned at all so hopefully it’ll help someone. Leaving these in will cause vibrations and shakes that will leave anyone frustrated.

Anyway, got 5 wheels and tires and after selling my stocks it cost me $300. Wheels need a good polish to bring back to life but I’m not afraid of some good detail work. Need AlfaOBD to adjust tpms and tire size and will be good to go for few months and will swap these used tires out as well as they’re close to aging out. 37s look much better on the Power Wagons and with the AEV wheels they fit without any trimming and no rubbing.
I'm so Jelly, I've been hunting for a deal on any AEV wheels for months. Truck looks great man.

Enve46

Reaction score
Pretty happy with the trim rings. Not so thrilled on the hardware. AEV initially sent rear flare hardware kit with the rings, needed to wait for the right hardware to be sent which took two weeks cause they were out of stock. The hardware showed up with coating covering where the Allen key goes it so that was fun turning a 15 mins ordeal into a 45 minute one. And the finish is very flat and not appealing to the eye in a gloss wheel. Normally I could give two ****s about it but the cost for AEV stuff you’d expect at minimum station black. Well that my Karen moment for the week. Still looks good

Attachments

• IMG_5565.jpeg
    IMG_5565.jpeg
    871.7 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5566.jpeg
    IMG_5566.jpeg
    802.6 KB · Views: 48

Enve46

Reaction score
Was thinking of trading my truck on a gladiator and was going to sell my aev wheels and tires but only got offered $33500. i don’t need a gladiator after all.View attachment 68634
View attachment 68633
Gladiators are fun, I had one in 2021. Probably the only reason I don’t have one again is the size is too small for me with two young kids. The PW is the next logical step for me and with that trade in offer I would have kept it too.

jadmt

Reaction score
Gladiators are fun, I had one in 2021. Probably the only reason I don’t have one again is the size is too small for me with two young kids. The PW is the next logical step for me and with that trade in offer I would have kept it too.
the dealership told me clean 2020 Power wagon were retailing at $37000 and still sitting on the lots for 5 months.....then had the balls to say he hoped they could earn my business...

phatboy64

Reaction score
the dealership told me clean 2020 Power wagon were retailing at $37000 and still sitting on the lots for 5 months.....then had the balls to say he hoped they could earn my business...
That is crazy, in march I traded a 2014 3500 longhorn with over 180k miles on it for over 30k

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Pretty happy with the trim rings. Not so thrilled on the hardware. AEV initially sent rear flare hardware kit with the rings, needed to wait for the right hardware to be sent which took two weeks cause they were out of stock. The hardware showed up with coating covering where the Allen key goes it so that was fun turning a 15 mins ordeal into a 45 minute one. And the finish is very flat and not appealing to the eye in a gloss wheel. Normally I could give two ****s about it but the cost for AEV stuff you’d expect at minimum station black. Well that my Karen moment for the week. Still looks good
I can say that after almost 3 years the bolts actually do hold up, which I figured they would be rusty in 3 months by the way they look coming out of the bag. They are a PITA though if you rotate your tires every 3k like I do. I entertained the idea of replacing them with stainless bolts I just never got around to buying the bolts.

Enve46

Reaction score
I can say that after almost 3 years the bolts actually do hold up, which I figured they would be rusty in 3 months by the way they look coming out of the bag. They are a PITA though if you rotate your tires every 3k like I do. I entertained the idea of replacing them with stainless bolts I just never got around to buying the bolts.
Glad to hear they hold up. I guess that’s possibly why they look so terrible but it’s a trade off I guess. I can imagine the annoyance these rings may cause, I thought about that as I am ordering tires soon. I’ll probably remove them myself before taking it in so these installers don’t ruin them

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Glad to hear they hold up. I guess that’s possibly why they look so terrible but it’s a trade off I guess. I can imagine the annoyance these rings may cause, I thought about that as I am ordering tires soon. I’ll probably remove them myself before taking it in so these installers don’t ruin them
Exactly what I do. I've been saying for 3 years now that I'm going to get a bit for my impact driver to make removal/ install a lot faster but every time I'm out using one of the Allen's that came with the rings...

Enve46

Reaction score
Exactly what I do. I've been saying for 3 years now that I'm going to get a bit for my impact driver to make removal/ install a lot faster but every time I'm out using one of the Allen's that came with the rings...
I actually had a bit with my dewalt so luckily it was a breeze. That most time consuming part is satisfying my OCD and making sure the rings are centered

Users who are viewing this thread