Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice when building a truck??

web365ster

Reaction score
I am building a 3500 srw Laramie.

I add safety group b. Then if I add the tow rear view mirror. It deletes the safety group. I bet the answer is obvious. But not seeing why the why?

The safety group B is more important to me. I need the blind spot detection. Etc.

Thanks for any help

jebruns

Reaction score
If you are talking about the digital rear view mirror, it may be because that comes in the Safety Group B.
Exactly right. That tripped me up a few times when I built my 22 HD also. You really need to watch for those popup's when you select packages or stuff you've selected gets un-selected. My experience was that if it cancelled something, it was because it was already included in something else I'd selected.

Fred_Cage

Reaction score
They're build and search sites leave a little to be desired at times and you have to be careful. I have commented several times when given the chance in a survey that they need to have better descriptions of their packages on the build site. They must listen though. I have mentioned a couple of times about making some of the selections in the search site either/or, like when choosing a trim level and they have upgraded that. Hopefully they keep listening.

Michael Waldie

Reaction score
I’m new here and a new owner as of last Friday of a 2022 4500 Laramie. I thought I added all the bells and whistles but somehow I do not have the tire pressure for each wheel. So be careful if you are wanting this attribute. Then again, I may be not doing something right….tbd

Attachments

• BE400F5E-4B41-4930-8FFF-F1934CBA36DF.jpeg
    BE400F5E-4B41-4930-8FFF-F1934CBA36DF.jpeg
    541 KB · Views: 10

LegendaryLawman

Legendary Pessimist
Reaction score
I am building a 3500 srw Laramie.

I add safety group b. Then if I add the tow rear view mirror. It deletes the safety group. I bet the answer is obvious. But not seeing why the why?

The safety group B is more important to me. I need the blind spot detection. Etc.

Thanks for any help
You need it or want it? I’m sure you have been using a vehicle for half your life without “blind spot detection”. Too much tech in my eyes but definitely to each their own.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I’m new here and a new owner as of last Friday of a 2022 4500 Laramie. I thought I added all the bells and whistles but somehow I do not have the tire pressure for each wheel. So be careful if you are wanting this attribute. Then again, I may be not doing something right….tbd

What wheels are missing the TPIS?

Michael Waldie

Reaction score
What wheels are missing the TPIS?
It has nothing like my buddy’s 2020 4500 Laramie in the cluster. Like individual tire pressure.
He ordered another 4500 at the same time. Our vin numbers are 1 digit off on these (2) 2022’s. He is the one that brought it to my attention.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
It has nothing like my buddy’s 2020 4500 Laramie in the cluster. Like individual tire pressure.
He ordered another 4500 at the same time. Our vin numbers are 1 digit off on these (2) 2022’s. He is the one that brought it to my attention.

It’s standard equipment on SLT and higher C&C trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread