Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for lift on my 2024 3500 Longhorn

Matts2500

Reaction score
I just got my new 3500 SRW Longhorn. When the time comes to replace the tires, I'd like to go up in size just a bit. Maybe 35's. Nothing drastic. The stock size just looks awkwardly small to me.

Anyways, what lift or components should I need to ensure good clearance (no rub) and maintain a good ride? I don't really care about leveling, as I don't mind a bit of rake. I plan to stick with my factory rims also.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Clearance comes from wheel backpacking more than lift, so with 35’s on the stock wheels you’ll likely get small amounts of rub on the control arms and anti-sway bar regardless of lift/level.

Do you have 18’s or 20’s?

LateToTheParty

Didn't want to come
Reaction score
My advice would be that if you're only planning to go with 35s and want to maintain the ride, don't bother lifting it. Instead spend that money on properly offset wheels and you'll be good to go.

tchur1

Reaction score
Size wont matter as much as offset. Find a wheel with +18 to +25mm offset and you likely won’t have any issues with 35s at stock height. I have 37s on stock suspension and method 701hd (+18 offset) and only had very little trimming of the fender liner. No rubbing anywhere else.

Matts2500

Reaction score
Ok, I’m definitely going to get new wheels with correct offset.

That said, I’d like to lift my truck just a little. Like 2.5-3” max. I don’t care about leveling it, as I don’t mind some rake. Could take maybe an inch of rake out, but that’s about it.

Whats the best way to accomplish this?

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I’m definitely going to get new wheels with correct offset.

That said, I’d like to lift my truck just a little. Like 2.5-3” max. I don’t care about leveling it, as I don’t mind some rake. Could take maybe an inch of rake out, but that’s about it.

Whats the best way to accomplish this?

Just to clarify some terms. A level kit is a kit that is installed on the front only, and doesn't always level the truck out it can also get it closer to level.

A lift kit lifts both the front and rear of the truck, often in different amounts to have a level stance after, but not always.

Your truck, if it has the standard spring suspension, only has about 2.25" of rake from the factory. You can go measure it yourself. I like to measure from the top of the wheel center cap to the fender so that the tire squish isn't taken into account. If you want to maintain about 1" of rake then you won't want to lift the front more than 1.25", unless you also lift the rear. That also means that 2.5-3" of front level would put you tail low, unless you lift the rear too.

So are you wanting to install a lift kit? Or a level kit?

Either way I would spend some time on Thuren's website.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd look at running 1" rear blocks and one of Thuren's 2.25" level kits.

Users who are viewing this thread