Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additives w/ "New" Pump and Fuel Receipts

BurnMac42

Reaction score
I apologize if it's been covered in multiple topics but I was hoping to get a consolidated answer. I just purchased my first diesel and want to make sure I'm doing everything correctly. Prior to buying I read through the CP4 pump threads discussing the change around Sept 2020, etc. While at the dealer I had the diesel tech double check and my truck has the "new" CP4 pump. My first question is, would you guys still recommend putting some type of additive in at each fill up? If so, which one is the general consensus to use (hopefully that isn't a "which oil is better" question").

Second, I see a lot of guys mention retaining fuel receipts and logs....what exactly are you logging? The when and where you fill up or is there more info you log to help fight the dealer in case they try to deny a warranty claim??

Sorry if its been covered before but just trying to wrap my head around everything I have to do with the new truck...

Thanks!

- Matt

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
I use A-car (aka Fuelly) to record all fill ups and receipts on my phone. Receipts go into the console.

Same for DEF purchases and fills, etc.

It could be as simple as a small journal ledger and keeping the receipts somewhere safe.

It's also a potential way to hold the fuel supplier's feet to the fire if the dealer/FCA are unreasonable about a claim.

Users who are viewing this thread