Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Additives and Heated Shed

Fishspike

Reaction score
I am new to diesels. Our 2022 2500 Laramie will be parked in a 50 degree shed. I plan on adding fuel additives because we live I Wi and temps are all over the place. So here is my question. I usually fill up when my gas tank is between 1/2 and 1/4. So instead of getting wrapped up in exact additives ratio I came up with 4 oz per fill up. 32 gallon tank. I get when below zero you almost double it. I need some input if I’m on the right track.
Thoughts?

IndyRamMega

Reaction score
I am new to diesels. Our 2022 2500 Laramie will be parked in a 50 degree shed. I plan on adding fuel additives because we live I Wi and temps are all over the place. So here is my question. I usually fill up when my gas tank is between 1/2 and 1/4. So instead of getting wrapped up in exact additives ratio I came up with 4 oz per fill up. 32 gallon tank. I get when below zero you almost double it. I need some input if I’m on the right track.
Thoughts?
Depends on what product you're using....they all have different ratios....

Fishspike

Reaction score
Right now using power service diesel sup. Friend recommend Stanadyne. I get the ratio. Just trying to find a simple way.

moparfan06

Reaction score
How cold does it typically get in in your area? With blended fuel, I have never had a problem with gelling. Also per page 383 of the 2022 owner's manual it says this...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 8.37.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 8.37.59 AM.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 24

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Sorry left that out. In Wi by Twin Cities. Last night -9. Today 32. So all over the map
No need to worry about it im in canada yesterday it was +5°C (42ish °F) and today its -33°C we have some brutal fluctuations never an issue, you can add the power service a couple glugs out of the bottle when you fill up no need to measure it out

Silverbeard

Reaction score
Sorry left that out. In Wi by Twin Cities. Last night -9. Today 32. So all over the map
I live in the same area as you. I never worry about using additive. The fuel suppliers in that part of the world do an excellent job of making sure that gelling won’t be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread