Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Wireless Mobile Phone Charging

Dacmlifer

Reaction score
I was considering buying one of those charge things from Amazon that you plug into your phone and place on back of phone, that picks up the charging from charger but i didn't know if they were any good to hold a charge.
I have a cup mount wireless charger that closes automatically from amazing it’s def over 3v

mountainears

Reaction score
Yea, I’m not sure I’d pay the dealer for it. I have it in my truck, it is nice that it is there but it is by no means a fast charge. I’d I was adding something because I didn’t have that I would do aftermarket and at least get a faster charge out of it. It’s a nice to have but not a nice to pay for IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2wheelsor4

Reaction score
I'm picking up a 2023 Ram Rebel 2500 this week. Has anyone added the OEM wireless charger? The dealership said that they don't have the code to do it on the Rebel.

2wheelsor4

Reaction score
Bulletpoint has a nice wireless setup with RAM specific mounts…a lot cheaper then retrofitting

I got my wireless charger installed the other day. What an absolute pain in the ass to install! That BCM plug was damn near impossible to connect to! The charger works great though and I'm happy I went through the effort!

Ziggy

Reaction score
Bulletpoint has a nice wireless setup with RAM specific mounts…a lot cheaper then retrofitting

I totally agree. I have the Ram wireless charger but installed the Bulletpoint mount which I like a ton better. Easier to drop the phone in for charging and I can use the phone for monitoring speed or EzLynk dashboards while driving, since it sits right where the dash is. No more looking down or wrestling the phone in and out of the holder.

Riccochet

Reaction score
I've thought about adding it, but I have to plug my phone in anyways for android auto. Kind of defeats the purpose.

Rt9bil

Reaction score
I've thought about adding it, but I have to plug my phone in anyways for android auto. Kind of defeats the purpose.
That sucks. It’s really nice having the wireless charging and wireless car play. My previous truck had wires running everywhere.

bkilby

Reaction score
Allow me to suggest a nice alternative. It only took me about 30 minutes from start to finish to install. Boost Auto Wireless Charger
I have the same one and can't keep the POS from flopping around and throwing the phone off. They should have added a top hook to keep the unit from flopping toward the rear of the truck.

Pilotib

Reaction score
I have the same one and can't keep the POS from flopping around and throwing the phone off. They should have added a top hook to keep the unit from flopping toward the rear of the truck.
I have definitely provided that feedback to the folks at Boost Auto. It probably wouldn’t hurt if you were to email them as well.

I “fixed” mine by cutting a small section of tough foam that I jam under the bottom of it. I had some extra sitting around from making a new kneeling pad for my race boat. It has been great ever since, and my phone no longer goes sailing off under moderate acceleration. Still a far easier and cheaper alternative to adding the stock wireless charger.

bkilby

Reaction score
I have definitely provided that feedback to the folks at Boost Auto. It probably wouldn’t hurt if you were to email them as well.

I “fixed” mine by cutting a small section of tough foam that I jam under the bottom of it. I had some extra sitting around from making a new kneeling pad for my race boat. It has been great ever since, and my phone no longer goes sailing off under moderate acceleration. Still a far easier and cheaper alternative to adding the stock wireless charger.
My son bought a 3D printer a few days ago. He found a "hook" file online today and printed this hook. It's not an exact product but it simply works. Took a few minutes to print the hook, a few minutes to check the height and a couple of minutes to cut the velcro and make it all stick. It works great! But yeah, the Mfr should be doing this, not us.

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 13

Users who are viewing this thread