Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding rear window defrost to solid back window ?

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
First frosty morning in my truck, thought when I added the defrost option it would also do the back window because of reading dear google options ... apparently not. Any thoughts or options to add it? My old 1500 had the sliding window and my 2500 big horn has the solid back which I’m still debating if I’m a fan of or not ... but before winter is fully here I’d love to hear peoples thoughts ! Thank you for the help

Reaction score
Had one on my previous truck, definitely miss it in the winter. I have a headache rack so there is quite often snow and ice built up on the back window. But I do quite often use the rear slider on my current truck in the summer so a bit torn as well.
Hopefully they will offer (or maybe they do on the new trucks) a heated slider as that would totally make the decision real easy.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I have the heated slider and love it. actually surprised it came on my t'man.

Wpg_Ram

Reaction score
Yeah I very much loved my slider window on my 1500 and now I’m marginally wishing I had it on this one... don’t think I’m gonna mod my truck with a slider but an oem defrost if possible would be on the list if I can track down part numbers

wjcook68

Reaction score
I have it on the power slider in my Tradesman as well. Just used it the other morning and it works great. I love this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread