Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Footwell Lighting

Gray8188

Reaction score
On the driver's side it was tapped up to an existing harness branch pretty much right behind then OBD plug. On the passenger side it was behind the felt and over towards the passenger door side of the truck. I only had to pry the right side of the felt back to get at it.
Odd man I’m tracing it up and don’t have anything that isn’t connected. There is one that goes way up to the top of the dash that I can see if it’s connected or not. Do you have the cargo outlet in the bed of your truck? Almost wondering if some trucks dont have that, that’s the plug people are using.

Meodom

Reaction score
Odd man I’m tracing it up and don’t have anything that isn’t connected. There is one that goes way up to the top of the dash that I can see if it’s connected or not. Do you have the cargo outlet in the bed of your truck? Almost wondering if some trucks dont have that, that’s the plug people are using.
Yeah.....that's crazy mine has it then. Super easy to find so you must not have them. I don't have the cargo outlet.

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Ok so I broke down trying to get the new lights to work and bought the old style.

1999-2019 Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Courtesy Lamp New MOPAR OEM https://a.co/d/9dxlmdZ

There is a small black plug on both driver side and passenger side under the dash. I bought a plastic body panel pin to mount. The passenger side has the light “hole” molded into the kick panel, just knocked out the wire hole, and mounting bolt hole then plugged up the light. Super easy!

One thing I did do is I spent a few dollars more and bought the Mopar one vs the cheaper led one on Amazon because you can’t change the Amazon bulb to the color you want……I went to autozone and got two red 168 led bulbs. Works great!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ebtksutton

Reaction score
Dumb question, do the stay on while driving or just when doors are opened

I don’t know if there are setting in the computer to change things…..but mine do exactly as my overhead lights….doors open, lights on, doors closed after a few seconds they dim till completely off. Doing the lights I did, I can change the bulb to whatever color led I can find.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scottnsi

Reaction score
I found both foot well light connectors on my 22 3500 tradesman, they are black two connector plugs with a yellow and black wire . the driver side was right behind the ODB plug. The passenger side I removed the felt cover and found it taped up with a harness right above where it would go. I purchased the lights that were listed in this post. https://www.amazon.com/NDRUSH-Interior-Dashboard-Floorboard-Compatible/dp/B09S8K128P I plugged them in and they worked perfectly. I also found I had no glove box light, but the connector was on the right side behind a plastic plug. I ordered the light socket/switch for that as well Mopar PN:04565022 its like $20 takes a T10 light bulb.

. light plug.jpgPassenger light.jpgPassenger well light connector.jpgglove light.jpg

dmhines

Reaction score
I found both foot well light connectors on my 22 3500 tradesman, they are black two connector plugs with a yellow and black wire . the driver side was right behind the ODB plug. The passenger side I removed the felt cover and found it taped up with a harness right above where it would go. I purchased the lights that were listed in this post. https://www.amazon.com/NDRUSH-Interior-Dashboard-Floorboard-Compatible/dp/B09S8K128P I plugged them in and they worked perfectly. I also found I had no glove box light, but the connector was on the right side behind a plastic plug. I ordered the light socket/switch for that as well Mopar PN:04565022 its like $20 takes a T10 light bulb.

. View attachment 67830View attachment 67831View attachment 67829View attachment 67832
Cool .. I need to see if my 2023 Tradesman has the plugs ...

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Has any else found the wires on a 2021 Tradesman? Thanks

dmhines

Reaction score
My 2023 Tradesman does not have the connectors. Perhaps because I have a Tradesman LEVEL 1 group ?? Maybe Level 2 has a different harness and has them ?

ZFORCE

Reaction score
Thanks my Tradesman has the level 2, but there are different versions, mine is 2HA. Same question for anyone that has a 2021, and which Level 2 do you have? Thanks

fatboywilly

Reaction score
I’d like to add footwell lights also. I have a 2020 2500 tradesman and cant seem to locate any connectors for the lights. I would buy a harness if any are available. Thanks

deanfx

Reaction score

. View attachment 67830View attachment 67831View attachment 67829View attachment 67832
Was our glovebox connector behind the passenger floor felt cover? Or behind the glovebox? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread