Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Cargo Camera

nomorefords

Reaction score
Jimmy questioned me so I looked closer and there's not a cargo cam on my truck. Just looks like one from a distance. Hoping there's a way to add it.
Did you end up "cutting" out the blank in your existing CHMSL to add the cargo camera, or did you get a whole new assemble with both the rear view camera and the cargo camera? I am in a similar situation where I have the digital rear view mirror but no cargo camera

admoberg

Reaction score
Did you end up "cutting" out the blank in your existing CHMSL to add the cargo camera, or did you get a whole new assemble with both the rear view camera and the cargo camera? I am in a similar situation where I have the digital rear view mirror but no cargo camera
I purchased a new CHMSL.

carrera1984

Reaction score
Can I ask what part number your ordered that had both cameras in it? I can't find it (or I'm too stupid to know what I'm looking at)..
New CHMSL with digital rear view mirror output and analog cargo output should be 68465999AA.

carrera1984

Reaction score
Jimmy isn’t interested in making this harness but he helped me figure out which parts I need.
CHMSL - 68465999AA
TE Connectivity 2272196-2 (need 3 of these)

So to make the connection from the 68465999AA CHMSL analog cargo cam and the 10" radio you need 3 of 2272196-2 and 1 of the ebay link? and some wire? Is that it? is their a how too or is it really easy? Im confused.

darrell585

Reaction score
What was the conclusion on making this work? I have the 2022 2500 Laramie with digital rear view mirror and no cargo camera. I have alfaobd to enable the option. I just need to know what camera to order as my CHMSL has the mounting point for the camera and what do I need to do to wire it to the 12" screen. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this.

Jared1786

Reaction score
Mine does not have the digital review mirror. Would the parts still apply for adding the cargo camera.

dkinner

Reaction score
Would it be the same parts needed the 22 model with Uconnect 5 8.4 radio?

carrera1984

Reaction score
My truck is a 2022 tradesman 2500. To add the cargo camera you need to replace the CHMSL "cargo lamp". part 68465999AA. This has the digital rear view camera and analog cargo camera. Then you need to get a custom wire harness from Jimmy here on the forums. This will need to be programed with Alfa, If you would like to add the digital rear view mirror its just a new digi rear view mirror part #68519111AA and a 10' fakra Z cable, female to female end. (programming not required)

dkinner

Reaction score
Awesome, I have the digital mirror already installed but I had mistakenly ordered the CHMSL for a 22' 1500. I have 68465999AA on order now and already have the 10' fakra Z cable ran. I just saw in this post that it was stated that Jimmy did not want to make the wire harnesses for this so I wanted to confirm that these were correct for what I needed.

Jimmy isn’t interested in making this harness but he helped me figure out which parts I need.
CHMSL - 68465999AA
TE Connectivity 2272196-2 (need 3 of these)

8runner

Reaction score
Infotainment.com has a video on routing the wires. I am also exploring this option and watched the video. Looks pretty simple. Clean hands when messing with the headliner. Maybe I should hit up jimmy07 for a harness as well. He’s been invaluable in adding passive entry and limited version headlights fully functional as oem.
Can someone link to this video? Having trouble finding it...

What was the conclusion on making this work? I have the 2022 2500 Laramie with digital rear view mirror and no cargo camera. I have alfaobd to enable the option. I just need to know what camera to order as my CHMSL has the mounting point for the camera and what do I need to do to wire it to the 12" screen. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me with this.
Same setup and question here. Can you just cut out the camera "blank" and install without needing a new CHMSL?

dkinner

Reaction score
My truck is a 2022 tradesman 2500. To add the cargo camera you need to replace the CHMSL "cargo lamp". part 68465999AA. This has the digital rear view camera and analog cargo camera. Then you need to get a custom wire harness from Jimmy here on the forums. This will need to be programed with Alfa, If you would like to add the digital rear view mirror its just a new digi rear view mirror part #68519111AA and a 10' fakra Z cable, female to female end. (programming not required)

Where did you pin the wires too behind the radio? The wires are labeled 25, 31 and 32 but those slots in the plug already have wires in them.

JustARam22

Reaction score
I have a 21 2500 with 12" screen, can I just buy the new third brake light run harness and program in alpha OBD?

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
From my understanding the 2021 you can jsut add the factory camera and have the dealer add the option code. They changed the wiring and electronics for the 22 and up, which is why you cant just add it to them. Double check me though.

JustARam22

Reaction score
I am not 100%, but from what I've found you still need the wiring.

Even when infotainment.com needs a harness. I have AlphaOBD and I can turn on the setting which isn't a big deal

I found a good deal on 68465999AA so I pulled the trigger

CharlieTangoWhiskey

Reaction score
I am not 100%, but from what I've found you still need the wiring.

Even when infotainment.com needs a harness. I have AlphaOBD and I can turn on the setting which isn't a big deal

I found a good deal on 68465999AA so I pulled the trigger
you may be right. I forget what year they went up to before stopping all the trucks from being pre-wired for it. it may have been 2018.

darrell585

Reaction score
So is there a way on a 22 Laramie to add the camera without having to add the central vision processing module? Mine is 22 Laramie with the digital rear view camera. My third brake light has placement for a camera. Any help is appreciated!!

Adam06

Reaction score
So is there a way on a 22 Laramie to add the camera without having to add the central vision processing module? Mine is 22 Laramie with the digital rear view camera. My third brake light has placement for a camera. Any help is appreciated!!
I added one that I ordered on infotainment. Com it was a kit that came with everything for my 2022 tradesmen. It came with the programming as well

darrell585

Reaction score
I added one that I ordered on infotainment. Com it was a kit that came with everything for my 2022 tradesmen. It came with the programming as well
Have any pictures of the infotainment set up? .y issue is I only need the wiring and the cargo camera. I have alfa to tune I have the bypass. Just hate to buy the other stuff I don't need.

Adam06

Reaction score
Have any pictures of the infotainment set up? .y issue is I only need the wiring and the cargo camera. I have alfa to tune I have the bypass. Just hate to buy the other stuff I don't need.
It’s a whole kit but maybe you can just get the parts you need. It works great for me hooking up my camper with the goose box

Attachments

• IMG_2327.png
    IMG_2327.png
    548.5 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread