Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Air compressor option

dlakeman

Reaction score
I second the ARB Air Compressor. Mine is in the space under the rear seat and I turn it on using one of the OEM Aux switches. There are three hook ups. 2 in the rear seat, which pumps all 4 35" tires at the same time. Then I have a hookup at the hitch. I use that one for blowing off dirt, dust and grime.
View attachment 66118View attachment 66119
Doesn't the ARB get very hot? Is the mounting bracket something you made?

Barryg

Reaction score
I had an extreme outback extreme air unit on my 01 for well over 10 years then moved that unit over to my 2017 when I sold my 01. When I sold my 17 the buyer really wanted the unit so I let it go with the truck. so at least 15 years under the two trucks still worked great. I had a 2.5 gallon tank for it. All of it under the bed with a lime plumbed to my air horn and a quick connect on the rear.
since I got rid of that a couple years ago I have bought another extreme air unit however this time I got the extreme air magnum (which wasn’t available back when I bought my original) hoping it gives as good service as its predecessor.

Wheelz

Reaction score
To make it really simple, just buy a 10 to 15 gal C02 tank with the proper tank gauges and some disconnect lines. It'll fill up faster than any air pump. No electrical wiring needed. Just carry the tank to each wheel and airup. Done! There's a lot of DIY info on youtube. There's a company out there called PowerTank that has all that you need but are VERY expensive. You can put together a setup fairly cheap. I just put together a 10 gal and that'll get me around 35x airups for 35" tires.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
To make it really simple, just buy a 10 to 15 gal C02 tank with the proper tank gauges and some disconnect lines. It'll fill up faster than any air pump. No electrical wiring needed. Just carry the tank to each wheel and airup. Done! There's a lot of DIY info on youtube. There's a company out there called PowerTank that has all that you need but are VERY expensive. You can put together a setup fairly cheap. I just put together a 10 gal and that'll get me around 35x airups for 35" tires.

Simple, but bulky.

I prefer the simple hidden compressor without a tank. It’s slower, but always ready, small, and doesn’t take up space.

I had tanks years ago and while they were quick to fill the first tire the other 3 were slow. I finally came to the conclusion that a decent paced pump without a tank was the simplest option and really doesn’t take much time.

2019_Ram

Reaction score

Users who are viewing this thread