Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding a Rough Country front leveling kit to a SRW 2022 3500 w rear air suspension

willc3961

Reaction score
I searched previous posts but couldnt find a recent answer to this.

New to the forum, and new back to a Ram for the first time in 10+ years, I have a 3500 on order with the air rear suspension. Anyone here have a RC front leveling kit with the same setup? any issues? saw a couple posts about tripping sesors but they were from like 2019. Thanks for any insight you can give.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
I searched previous posts but couldnt find a recent answer to this.

New to the forum, and new back to a Ram for the first time in 10+ years, I have a 3500 on order with the air rear suspension. Anyone here have a RC front leveling kit with the same setup? any issues? saw a couple posts about tripping sesors but they were from like 2019. Thanks for any insight you can give.
No matter the brand they accomplish the same things, just some do it better than others. I would suggest measuring your truck though because you will be an inch or 2 nose high with that much of a level with air suspension.

Chriss626

Reaction score
I also have a 3500 srw with rear air suspension on order and is interested in a leveling kit but is worried about the rake or lack of rake from the factory. Can anyone with the rear air tell us how much rake they have?

willc3961

Reaction score
No matter the brand they accomplish the same things, just some do it better than others. I would suggest measuring your truck though because you will be an inch or 2 nose high with that much of a level with air suspension.
so are you saying that a truck with the air suspension sits level when unloaded instead of rear high like the standard suspension? I know that osunds dumb to ask but my truck hasnt arrived yet and there wsnt one with the air suspension on the lot to look at. Thanks

Chriss626

Reaction score
That is what I’ve been reading. The rear air trucks are lower in the back than a standard suspension. From the naked eyes the rear air suspension looks level stock also.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
so are you saying that a truck with the air suspension sits level when unloaded instead of rear high like the standard suspension? I know that osunds dumb to ask but my truck hasnt arrived yet and there wsnt one with the air suspension on the lot to look at. Thanks
My non air assist truck had 1.75" or so of rake. Your truck should be 1" lower in the rear so you'd have 3/4 of and inch of rake.

kpecks

Reaction score
My 2022 3500 w Airbags is about .5” difference front to back factory.

kpecks

Reaction score
yea seems like everyone is saying that they sit much more level than a standard suspension
I would agree with everyone else then. However, i want a plusher ride so im going with 2.5" carli coils and blocks/spacers in the rear with carli tuned shocks.

willc3961

Reaction score
I would agree with everyone else then. However, i want a plusher ride so im going with 2.5" carli coils and blocks/spacers in the rear with carli tuned shocks.
so you are just bringing the rear up? or you are doing the front as well?

kpecks

Reaction score
so you are just bringing the rear up? or you are doing the front as well?
2.5” coils in the front. Block and spacer in the rear. So 2.5” up front 2” in the rear. Should be dead level when done. Im not really after the lift as much as I am a better ride.

willc3961

Reaction score
2.5” coils in the front. Block and spacer in the rear. So 2.5” up front 2” in the rear. Should be dead level when done. Im not really after the lift as much as I am a better ride.
Carli has a bad ass kit for the air suspension, its $$$ tho

kpecks

Reaction score
Carli has a bad ass kit for the air suspension, its $$$ tho
i know. I toyed w the idea but im not after all that in this truck. Just want a little better ride. i just need this truck to haul and do some light over landing. I’ll prob end up towing my truck behind a Motorhome vs towing one.

Scvette

Reaction score
I did the 2.5 Carli leveling kit and 1” blocks for the rear and air bags, I’m pretty much level. You might be a little high on the rear with 2” blocks. My air bags have 0 pressure in them as it’s sitting now.

Attachments

• 33F73741-D569-40F5-9F39-0DD61B7B10B5.jpeg
    33F73741-D569-40F5-9F39-0DD61B7B10B5.jpeg
    823 KB · Views: 86

kpecks

Reaction score
I did the 2.5 Carli leveling kit and 1” blocks for the rear and air bags, I’m pretty much level. You might be a little high on the rear with 2” blocks. My air bags have 0 pressure in them as it’s sitting now.
Looks great. Let me clarify: 1” blocks and 1” airbag spacers.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Just saying if you wanted a better ride you could have just went with the half inch thuren kit and left the back alone.

Scvette

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, but I did go with 1” blocks for the rear and airbags. To tell you the truth though, if I was to do it again I’d go with 1.5” blocks. I measured my truck and it might sit a 1/4” low on the rear, you can’t see it by looking, but a tape measure says it’s a 1/4” low. I know there are 1.5” blocks for the rear end available, not so sure on the air bags though. I doubt I’ll change mine cause like I said, by the naked eye you can’t see it’s lower in the rear. If I were to hook up a trailer or 5th wheel, I think the system would make it all level anyway.
Looks great. Let me clarify: 1” blocks and 1” airbag spacers.

kpecks

Reaction score
Not sure what you mean, but I did go with 1” blocks for the rear and airbags. To tell you the truth though, if I was to do it again I’d go with 1.5” blocks. I measured my truck and it might sit a 1/4” low on the rear, you can’t see it by looking, but a tape measure says it’s a 1/4” low. I know there are 1.5” blocks for the rear end available, not so sure on the air bags though. I doubt I’ll change mine cause like I said, by the naked eye you can’t see it’s lower in the rear. If I were to hook up a trailer or 5th wheel, I think the system would make it all level anyway.

I am only going to assume that this is a spacer to adjust for the 1" block but these Traxda spacers are what CJC set me up with in addition to the leveling kit:

Dmacmilitant

Reaction score
07501C30-BE8F-4FA9-AC24-7179186B0A63.jpeg9986ACEB-1FDC-4EB6-8C20-59A23832B1FC.jpeg90399351-3B19-42D6-9BFA-91BC67982193.jpeg
I went with the Thuren 1.75” front coils and left the rear air suspension alone. It now sits dead nuts level on 37’s. I also included a pic of the truck stock, although, it’s not a very good side view to show how it sat stock, but hey, more pics are better I guess. The rear air suspension trucks definitely sit lower in the rear than non air. Let me know if you have any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread