Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding 7 pin trailer plug in bed of 2022/2023 3500 - is harness pigtail underneath?

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2022/2023 Ram 3500 Dually has a wiring harness pigtail somewhere underneath towards the rear to plug in the wiring harness from the 7 pin plug you add in the bed? I assume it would be the same harness that the 7 pin bed plug would be plugged in if it had come from the factory with one. I had a Ford F350 Dually that had a pigtail from the factory already underneath, so I purchased a Ford factory 7 pin plug and mounted it in the bed and just plugged it in the pigtail. Thanks

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
These trucks you can just buy a T harness that plugs in to the back of the 7 pin at the bumper Curt makes a kit for putting the bed plug in the box aswell

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score
The 7-pin at the bumper is a pigtail/connector so as hellzipper said, just get a kit and/or the Curt pigtail. Y could go the factory route but I'm uncertain if all the parts can be sourced or what those PN might be.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Reaction score

MooneyFWD

Reaction score
These trucks you can just buy a T harness that plugs in to the back of the 7 pin at the bumper Curt makes a kit for putting the bed plug in the box aswell
This is what I did. Cheap, easy, and works great.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
this is the one i used. they're all about the same.

Screenshot_20230205_191833_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the quick replys. I'll measure 1st, but I think the 7' Curt harness should be long enough. I love plug and play connectors. Also, I read somewhere that you can only use 1 of the 7 pin plugs at a time, either the one in the bed or the one on the rear bumper. Not that I know of any reason to need both 7 pin plugs at the same time, I thought that was odd but guess depending on what would be plugged in, you could overload the circuit. Thanks Again.
Fred

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the quick replys. I'll measure 1st, but I think the 7' Curt harness should be long enough. I love plug and play connectors. Also, I read somewhere that you can only use 1 of the 7 pin plugs at a time, either the one in the bed or the one on the rear bumper. Not that I know of any reason to need both 7 pin plugs at the same time, I thought that was odd but guess depending on what would be plugged in, you could overload the circuit. Thanks Again.
Fred
To my understanding they are what is used from the factory so you should have no fitment issues

Users who are viewing this thread