Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added Wireless Android Auto

Tim_G

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a very helpful mod. I did it to my old Colorado. Keep an eye on your phones battery, though. My Samsung S21's battery would run down on long trips due to the full-time connectivity. But, absolutely worth it if you don't have integrated options.

MEGA HO

Reaction score
Have wireless AA in the work truck, it doesn't connect 100% of a time and drains battery as mentioned. I prefer plugging my phone in. Unless I was doing a lot of short trips with getting in / out of the vehicle, wireless AA is useless IMHO.

Cajones307

Reaction score
Glad to hear it works. I am on the amazon page now and was wondering how well it worked with Uconnect.

skaiskaiskai

Reaction score
I've been eyeing wireless AA for a while now for my '19 8.4", reading a good bit of reviews of connectivity issues. I know this post is a few months old, any updates?

blbrown

Reaction score
There are a number of adapters out there, ive only tried the Motorola Ma1 and it has been working flawlessly. 2020 2500 with 8.4 non Nav.

skaiskaiskai

Reaction score
There are a number of adapters out there, ive only tried the Motorola Ma1 and it has been working flawlessly. 2020 2500 with 8.4 non Nav.
Thank you for the reply, it had been a tossup with a couple of the wireless adapters - one of which being the Motorola. Good chance I'll pull the trigger, thank you!

Drumminguy81

Reaction score
i can also attest the motorola works flawlessly. I only use for days im commuting or running around, any long trips and i plug my phone in due to the battery drain of wireless aa. I will also note that i tried another adapter prior to the motorola i believe it was called AAWireless and it was awful, lots of connection issues, if i left it plugged in my phone would randomly connect from in the house even hours after turning the truck off. then i get in the truck to leave and it wont connect. if anyone wants to give it a try youre welcome to shoot me a pm.

skaiskaiskai

Reaction score
i can also attest the motorola works flawlessly. I only use for days im commuting or running around, any long trips and i plug my phone in due to the battery drain of wireless aa. I will also note that i tried another adapter prior to the motorola i believe it was called AAWireless and it was awful, lots of connection issues, if i left it plugged in my phone would randomly connect from in the house even hours after turning the truck off. then i get in the truck to leave and it wont connect. if anyone wants to give it a try youre welcome to shoot me a pm.
I've had it (motorola) up and running for a few days now, with no issues! Good to hear someone else having luck, I almost went with the AA Wireless when it was first talked about also. I have a cupholder cradle/wireless charger that keeps up pretty well. I wish AA had more flexibility for apps, but it has improved a bit since I last was using it. The plugging in of the phone was too much of a hassle for me lol.

Users who are viewing this thread