Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Added a Winch, 2024 3500 6.7 Cummins

VICE Design

Reaction score
As you may know we've had a popular hidden [behind the factory bumper] winch mount for a few years but it was limited to the Hemi Powered trucks.

Until Now.
Hidden Winch Mount | 2019-2024 RAM 2500-3500 [6.7L Cummins]

*Updated Production Photo + Video
Cummins 2024 RAM 2500 Hidden Winch 001.jpg

Original thread continues from here:
Over the last while we've been working on a clean kit for Cummins owners. Happy to show off the final prototype which perfectly positions a 12k WARN behind the Factory Bumper.

IMG_2398.JPG

IMG_2404.JPG

We also have a HD Skidplate for the factory bumper to protect the exposed intercooler that could end any trip quickly. I'm going to get this kit finished up, powedercoated, and installed in a DIY video. Will report back.

You can see our Hemi Kit here: RAM 2500/3500 (2019-2024) Hidden Winch Mount

Sneak Peek of the Street Legal (SAE Y) LED Fog Light kit we developed too.

IMG_2414.JPG

-Q

Last edited:

VICE Design

Reaction score
Our skidplate system (not shown) funnels air from under the bumper back up into the intercooler. Intercooler is also completely sealed to the fan system so theoretically will pull the same volume of air. If we can get similiar experimental running conditions day to day (temp, humidity, etc) we could try and get #s. It can be said that the ecu will automatically adjust fueling based on those conditions so it remains running optimal.

flan

Reaction score
A scoop on the skid would be cool. That winch setup is a great idea for the cummins guys, it was either a whole bumper or the warm transformer mount.

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
I may be tempted to go back to a stock bumper with that set up. really nice looking kit.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Our skidplate system (not shown) funnels air from under the bumper back up into the intercooler. Intercooler is also completely sealed to the fan system so theoretically will pull the same volume of air. If we can get similiar experimental running conditions day to day (temp, humidity, etc) we could try and get #s. It can be said that the ecu will automatically adjust fueling based on those conditions so it remains running optimal.

What about when the fan isn’t engaged? Which is most the time, even towing.

VICE Design

Reaction score
What about when the fan isn’t engaged? Which is most the time, even towing.
There will be sufficient forced airflow directed through the slot above the bumper, and scooped up below. There may be more open holes in the mount, remembering the photo is just the latest prototype. Do you drive around with the winch in your profile pic on all the time? It’s likely creating a pressure gradient reducing flow through the center of the bumper. Do you notice much of a difference?

Would a 15k winch fit?

I designed this around the best strength for size winch I can find. The medium body 12k Warn VR EVO has the strongest pulling power for its miniature size. It’s more than likely a 15k winch is a large body, ie it’s 2” larger in diameter. This means you’ll have to push your stock bumper forward by about 2” to make it fit which people won’t like. The winch I selected has the smallest cross-sectional area, and by a couple comments made above, that means more air getting to the intercooler.

Want 24k lbs of pulling force? Snatchblock. This has many advantages. Your line speed is half the speed which gives you more control on the recovery. It also distributes the load way better. Up to 12k on the recovery hook and 12k on the winch mount. Way less likely to tweak something when the force is distributed.

Yes your 100 feet of line will only go 50 feet to a recovery point but it is so easy to store extra line.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
:D There will be sufficient forced airflow directed through the slot above the bumper, and scooped up below. There may be more open holes in the mount, remembering the photo is just the latest prototype.

Nice, looking forward to seeing the final product.

Do you drive around with the winch in your profile pic on all the time? It’s likely creating a pressure gradient reducing flow through the center of the bumper. Do you notice much of a difference?

No I don’t have it on all the time, only when I might need it.

It doesn’t appear to have any effect on airflow or temps empty or towing. I have a CTS3 and monitor air temps with that. The position of the basket does cover some of the bumper opening, but not the air dam or radiator.

I used to put a stand up jet ski on the front receiver of my 05… now that messed with temps

VICE Design

Reaction score
Stand up jet ski haha that may do it! Those are a blast tho so totally worth it haha.

Here’s a pic from the bottom. There’s a ton of surface area still exposed.

IMG_2401.jpeg
Also you can see why this thing needs a real skid plate! She hangs a low

Last edited:

VICE Design

Reaction score
This is kind of exciting. Any sense of a timeline for when it might become available for purchase?
I've got great news - Hidden Winch Mount | 2019-2024 RAM 2500-3500 [6.7L Cummins]
Pre-sale pricing in effect too. Will start shipping in about a month.
2D1FB78A-0A22-4CC3-B4A4-C9E2ACF9DE60_720x.png

Also have a few more goodies rolling out for the truck, can see all compatible items here
2019-2024 RAM 2500 & 3500 Upgrades

Appreciate the support y'all.

Lonestar

Reaction score
This is exciting news for the guys that have a Cummins. I absolutely love the one on my hemi 2500! Keep up the great work and quality!

UglyViking

Reaction score
Man, if this was available like 2 years go, I would have 100% bought one. As it stands, my truck is now a much more dedicated off-roader, so it's got all sorts of high clearance bumpers on it, but I've got to say I've been looking for something like this since day 1.

I am sure you're gonna sell quite a few of these things.

Users who are viewing this thread