Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add on step for factory wheel-to-wheel side steps

BallstonSpaKW

Reaction score
We have a 2021 RAM 2500 crew cab 4x4 with factory chrome wheel-to-wheel side steps, and my vertically challenged wife is starting to have issues getting into the front. We carry a small stool, but then thats a problem to set up before getting out or picking back up again after getting back in. Of course, power steps, which weren’t available on my bighorn when we ordered it, could be put on now for about 2000 dollars, but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about a little (ok - a lot) less expensive way to alleviate this problem? Thanks.

Ram Tuff Fred

Reaction score
I know exactly what you're going through. Had to do same thing for my wife to get in our 2023 3500 DRW. Added some steps from Westin but wish they were a little lower also like the ones on my Ford F350 were. However since then Westin has come out with 2 steps that have a 3" drop which I'm considering changing to. Here's the link to their website: https://www.westinautomotive.com/nerf-step-bars-running-boards. If you decide to get some please put a picture on here for us to see how they look and let us know if they help getting in. Thanks Fred

randydotly

Reaction score
I ended up with some nFAB steps for my truck, I’m also vertically challenged
55bd52b76df67350d1fb3ff0aa9a4ea2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matt3220

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone ever found a bolt on step for the factory wheel to wheel running boards.....Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread