Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Active noise dampening....is it just me?

Grizzly Dave

Reaction score
I honestly thought something was wrong with my new 3500, every time I started it up, and drove at low speeds, I heard a wah wah wah, almost like a car next to me had the bass turned up, even if no where near another car.

I took it to the dealer, they couldn't hear it.

I picked it up from the dealer and heard it right off....rolled down the windows and it stopped.

Reading through the manual and I can only think that it's the 'active noise dampening' or whatever they call it, sound waves are pushed through the sound system, even if it's muted to negate engine and trans noise....

Or am I crazy?

specs of my truck in sig line.

Grizz

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Your not the only one a few 22s have the same issue

sstoner911

Reaction score
I honestly thought something was wrong with my new 3500, every time I started it up, and drove at low speeds, I heard a wah wah wah, almost like a car next to me had the bass turned up, even if no where near another car.

I took it to the dealer, they couldn't hear it.

I picked it up from the dealer and heard it right off....rolled down the windows and it stopped.

Reading through the manual and I can only think that it's the 'active noise dampening' or whatever they call it, sound waves are pushed through the sound system, even if it's muted to negate engine and trans noise....

Or am I crazy?

specs of my truck in sig line.

Grizz
The make a ANC bypass cable but I have seen on the Cummins forum where it did not work. There is an option In AlpaOBD to turn off ANC also - not sure if it works or not.

Brewbud

Brewmeister Meisterbrew
Reaction score
I believe there is a fuse you can pull to test out your theory it is the ANC.

tkabrick

Reaction score
It does. I just turned off the ANC with AlfaOBD. I have to say it does wake the sub up. I think the HK system sounds ALOT better with ANC disabled.
Can you point me to what setting with Alfa turns off the ANC?

sstoner911

Reaction score
Great, I will give that a try thanks!

Side note, my curiosity is trying to figure out the difference between P/T Chassis NET ANC and Cabin NET ANC?
Iam not sure, but cabin net ANC was already disabled when I went through the list.

briggDD

Reaction score
Mine is doing this same thing, I kept thinking who has the big subwoofer in the car next to me, roll the window down and it stops.

JimKIII

Reaction score
There better be a TSB coming out about this as there seems to be quite a few who have the problem. I hate to think how many have it that don't frequent this forum!

Users who are viewing this thread