Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC not working

mlawre10

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone,

I was hoping someone could help me out with an issue I'm having. I attempted to upgrade to the Uconnect 8.4 in my '21 2500 Bighorn, but it was an epic fail. I purchased the radio a while ago, and I'm thinking it might be bad. I followed all the directions using the Gateway Module Bypass Module/AlfaOBO and confirmed the changes. I ended up removing the 8.4" radio and reinstalled the 5" radio. Now my AC is dead, and my trailer brake background light (switch still works), traction control off, and tow/haul mode are dead. Any help would be appreciated.

Choose ram 2500 (DJ/DR)

Choose body computer select body control module my 2019 or 2020.

Choose Car configuration change. Go almost all the way down the list till you come to

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and enable it.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC (found only hvac 2 and enabled)

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again.

Users who are viewing this thread