Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/C always runs when fan is on - how to get fresh air only?

missingpieces

Reaction score
Ok, I give up... what is the magic sauce, if any, to run the blower without the A/C kicking on? Even with auto off, A/C light off, recirc off, and panel mode selected, the A/C engages. I tested this yesterday with 95F ambient. It was definitely blowing cooled air. What am I missing? :oops:

missingpieces

Reaction score
From what I'm reading in the manual, I should be able to have the A/C disabled in Panel (dash vents only) mode. That doesn't appear to be the case. Why is there an A/C button :)

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
Fairly certain it’s disabled in my ‘22 when I’m in panel mode and A/C isn’t illuminated.

Reaction score
When I hit "MAX A/C" the light on my AC knob goes out. lol. Tho, I'm not convinced the AC is actually off. You'd think the AC light would stay on when max AC is on.

2020 Ram 2500 with the 8.4" infotainment.

Reaction score
When I hit "MAX A/C" the light on my AC knob goes out. lol. Tho, I'm not convinced the AC is actually off. You'd think the AC light would stay on when max AC is on.

2020 Ram 2500 with the 8.4" infotainment.
My '19 does the same thing...when i hit MAX AC the AC light turns off but the fan kicks into turbo mode. Makes no sense.

Reaction score
That is because the MAX AC button is lit. AC is not MAX AC.
There is no physical MAX AC button/light. (If thats what you mean.) The only mention of MAX AC is on the climate control page in the infotainment system. I tap it, all physical AC lights turn off. If you then switch to a different tab, say CarPlay, it appears as tho you have the air blasting but not running the AC. There is no indication that the AC system is on. I have driven many vehicles, both for personal and work and this is the only time I've witnessed this behavior.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
There is no physical MAX AC button/light. (If thats what you mean.) The only mention of MAX AC is on the climate control page in the infotainment system. I tap it, all physical AC lights turn off. If you then switch to a different tab, say CarPlay, it appears as tho you have the air blasting but not running the AC. There is no indication that the AC system is on. I have driven many vehicles, both for personal and work and this is the only time I've witnessed this behavior.

Yes it’s different, but it’s not wrong. You’re not in a/c mode.

I think the a/c light should stay on, but like it said… it’s not wrong.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yes it’s different, but it’s not wrong. You’re not in a/c mode.

I think the a/c light should stay on, but like it said… it’s not wrong.
I disagree. My 19 the A/C light stays on with the dial at max a/c as it should. That light is an indicator that the a/c compressor clutch is set to cycle that is the way most vehicles have worked for years and is proper operation.

AH64ID

Staff member
Reaction score
I disagree. My 19 the A/C light stays on with the dial at max a/c as it should. That light is an indicator that the a/c compressor clutch is set to cycle that is the way most vehicles have worked for years and is proper operation.

Maybe that’s the difference, there is no dial control for max a/c on my rig.

Reaction score
Yah, this is what I'm used to. As I said earlier, even tho the AC indication light is turning off when MAX AC is enabled, I'm pretty sure the AC stays running. I just find it very strange that the indication is turning off.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Yah, this is what I'm used to. As I said earlier, even tho the AC indication light is turning off when MAX AC is enabled, I'm pretty sure the AC stays running. I just find it very strange that the indication is turning off.
yea sounds like a glitch in the software honestly

Users who are viewing this thread