Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/c air

Aperez323

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have a 2021 Ram 3500 tradesman dually. My issue is , every time I turn on the a/c , it barely blows out any air. The air is cold but hardly any air movement coming out of the vents. I had heard that perhaps there was some sort of a recall but not sure. Anyone experiencing this issue???

Aperez323

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I have a 2021 Ram 3500 tradesman dually. My issue is , every time I turn on the a/c , it barely blows out any air. The air is cold but hardly any air movement coming out of the vents. I had heard that perhaps there was some sort of a recall but not sure. Anyone experiencing this issue???
By the way in response to the a/c post , it is a 6.4 gas engine

gimmie11s

Reaction score
Probably no recall or TSB on a 2021, but check build date to verify.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
yup I am on cabin filter #3 in 21000 miles and just changed it again today and this one had about 7000 miles on it. New they are bright white.
View attachment 39693
Yea after about 4 months mine was plugged solid and i removed it i should really get a new one to keep the dust out of the truck lol

copcarguy

Reaction score
I just replaced my factory one at 4,800 miles with a Fram CF11671.

1BC6810B-F667-499C-9A44-D23542475D5C.jpeg

I’ve noticed the airflow is more restricted since it’s been replaced. I usually had the fan speed at the 12 o’clock position now I need 1 or 2 o’clock for the same / equal airflow.

Anyone else experienced this?

jadmt

Reaction score

View attachment 39985

I’ve noticed the airflow is more restricted since it’s been replaced. I usually had the fan speed at the 12 o’clock position now I need 1 or 2 o’clock for the same / equal airflow.

Not on mine. I compared the new mopar filter to running no filter and could not tell any difference by feel any way.

Blythkd1

Reaction score
Is all air flow going through the air filter or just when you're set on fresh air? I assume the filter would be a non-issue on recirc? Maybe not though.

Reaction score
i just replaced my cabin filter for the first time. i have almost 40k on the truck. I was hoping a new filter might get more power out of the fan but it did not.
same old underwhelming air flow out of the vents.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
i just replaced my cabin filter for the first time. i have almost 40k on the truck. I was hoping a new filter might get more power out of the fan but it did not.
same old underwhelming air flow out of the vents.
Mine blows quite well i did toss the Cabin air filter after the first one was plugged in 3 months. Id rathe have a bit of dust to clean up and good air flow than having to change the filter every 3 months

Reaction score
Mine blows quite well i did toss the Cabin air filter after the first one was plugged in 3 months. Id rathe have a bit of dust to clean up and good air flow than having to change the filter every 3 months
You run it with no filter? interesting...i might have to try that.

HD4LIFE

Reaction score
I recently bought my 2021 3500 at 15k miles and the airflow was terrible. The cabin filter wasn’t very dirty, but it was one of those active carbon types and seemed very restrictive. I bought a simple $12 STP filter from AutoZone to replace it and the air flow is great now. Before going without a filter, I would give the basic one a try. It worked for me anyway.

Reaction score
I recently bought my 2021 3500 at 15k miles and the airflow was terrible. The cabin filter wasn’t very dirty, but it was one of those active carbon types and seemed very restrictive. I bought a simple $12 STP filter from AutoZone to replace it and the air flow is great now. Before going without a filter, I would give the basic one a try. It worked for me anyway.
i also bought the filter with the carbon type filter, maybe the cheaper filter is the best option. good stuff. thanks!

steve49

Reaction score

View attachment 39985

I bought one similar in color and design from Amazon and it was restrictive, so went back to the Mopar OEM filter with much stronger air flow.

Users who are viewing this thread