Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 volume settings

cmc76

Reaction score
I did some looking last night, but it appeared to be mostly posts from a few years back. Curious if there has been any more developments. on my 2020 ram with the 8.4, volume settings above 23/24 do absolutely nothing.
Is this just a built in feature to protect the speakers from themselves. or has anyone figured our what is limiting the volume?

elephantrider

Hydraulic Lifter Crew
Reaction score
known issue. anc bypass seemed to help, on my non amp tradesman.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
Mine has the issue at 30 but i generally don't have it that loud lol i have actually not trued it since disabling the ANC it may be better now.

cardplayer

Reaction score
A TSB from Stellantis is out that may fix your issue. It covers a range of problems. Check out TSB 08-234-22.

mountainears

Reaction score
I tried taking my 22 up to 30. Surprised it actually didn’t blow out / distort as much as I thought it would. Definitely not a level id hit much in thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
I tried taking my 22 up to 30. Surprised it actually didn’t blow out / distort as much as I thought it would. Definitely not a level id hit much in thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On those warm days with the windows down and classic rock playing i can hit 38 (max) no issue lol

Aketay

Reaction score
At 38 on the volume, I should be pumping over 800 watts with little to no distortion. I like to feel my music.

Riccochet

Reaction score
I suffer from a bad case of CHS. Have to keep volume over 20 to hear it half decently.

cmc76

Reaction score
I wasnt really looking to mess with the ANC system, so after watching a few tub vids on the subject. I picked up a couple kicker speakers for the dash and installed them yesterday. Most of what i read was that i could get less volume due to the resistance difference. however, unless its a placebo effect. it sounds drastically better. louder. clearer. all around improvement. i think the speakers were less than $50 and took 10 minutes to install.

Users who are viewing this thread