Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4 Uncconect 4 vs. 8.4 Unconnect 4C NAV - aesthetically the same?

jambram

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any aesthetic difference in these two for the 2021's, Laramie level. I have ordered a 2022 Laramie and got the 4 without the NAV. On the website where you can Build a 2021, the two look different to me.

jambram

Reaction score
I guess maybe i mean the trim around the radio. The non-nav looks like it has a recessed bezel and the NAV looks like the bezel is flush with the screen

MtnRider

Reaction score
I guess maybe i mean the trim around the radio. The non-nav looks like it has a recessed bezel and the NAV looks like the bezel is flush with the screen

Oh, thought you were talking about the radio. The trim is the same, It's just a different color so it "looks" flush in the picture.

jambram

Reaction score
Anyone with a 2021 Laramie with the 8.4 without NAV or with NAV willing to post some clearer pictures?

Nd79

Reaction score
Not a Laramie but the 8.4 non nav in my tradesman looks like it has the same matte black bezel around it as one of the pictures you posted.

Attachments

• PXL_20210716_235605961~2.jpg
    PXL_20210716_235605961~2.jpg
    743.6 KB · Views: 41

jambram

Reaction score
Thanks Nd79. I though I was getting the glossy trim, but I guess I'm getting the matte. I'd still like to see the Laramie 8.4 non-native if anyone care to post a pic.

H3LZSN1P3R

You're doing it wrong
Reaction score
When i bough my 19 i noticed the non nav had a matte screen the nav had a gloss screen that is the only difference and that may not even be the case now i think they are all gloss screens

jambram

Reaction score
When i bough my 19 i noticed the non nav had a matte screen the nav had a gloss screen that is the only difference and that may not even be the case now i think they are all gloss screens
Thanks for the response. It's both the screen and the trim/bezel around the screen that i am wondering about. One other difference I found is that the non-nav on the 2021 isn't listed as a HD radio and the NAV is listed as HD, which I found odd, but plausible...

Firebird

Reaction score
NAV 8.4 comes with a gloss surround, non NAV is satin finish

99ls1tj

Reaction score
That is what I was afraid of.
I just ordered Monday and was told the only difference was the lack of navigation.
I’m assuming you have your truck now, so what were the differences between the nav and non-nav? Thanks

Last edited:

jambram

Reaction score
I just ordered Monday and was told the only difference was the lack of navigation.
I’m assuming you have your truck now, so what were the differences between the nav and non-nav? Thanks
The non-nav has a matte bezel, where the nav has the glossy flush bezel like the 12". It didn't bother me enough to want to reorder and I am used to it now.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
The non-nav has a matte bezel, where the nav has the glossy flush bezel like the 12". It didn't bother me enough to want to reorder and I am used to it now.
Thanks, I’m not sure I would’ve gone that route had I known about the aesthetics, but I’m not going to screw up my order over it.

99ls1tj

Reaction score
After watching this video I'm concerned there is a difference in resolution. That would make me unhappy. (10 minute mark)

Users who are viewing this thread